Driving in a roleplay server

8 hours ago, Velora said:

I'm curious. Did this behavior come from the character? or was the character created to feed your personal ooc need?

it has nothing to do with the fact that their friends have died by the score and the rest have vanished or anything
it has nothing to do with the fact that she's a dropout, and has no job
it has nothing to do with the fact that she takes a excess benzodiazepines to forget

or that she sleeps on the beach because she doesn't want to stay in the hotel that the cops swatted the last time she was in, and shot her at

i'm playing a character. if i wanted to feed a personal ooc need, i would play one of those edgy serial killer mobster types

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, shotgun_sam said:

man at the end of the day this shits a game, yeah it's meant to emulate real life but it's still a game i can bet my life savings that if we replicated real life 100% this game would be boring to shit and the playerbase would die quicker than kurt cobain. 

if someone is trying to drive from their house to a 24/7 so they can buy a bat, of course, they're gonna bolt it because driving exactly how you would in real life takes you hours. It's not fun to drive slowly and drudge through Los Santos so you can do a small task. yes i can see people getting frustrated at someone smashing into their car at 100mph and then driving off and not wanting to roleplay, but at the same time would you rather force them to roleplay and have to go through some sloppy lines because they don't want to be there? I highly doubt you would. instead of complaining and trying to force people to roleplay boring shit (yes MVA RP is fucking boring it's always the same thing. /me airbag pops out, /me call 911, /me help person). I'm not saying don't enforce realism. But only enforce realism where it's necessary. 

People with the described attitude have no place on a roleplay server, it doesn’t take that much longer to arrive somewhere while not driving like an absolute ass, in fact, the map contains so many details and jokes, it’s a nice experience to drive slower and no, you don’t see all of them in your first few times driving past them. If you use driving as nothing but an OOC means to travel between RP scenes, which is what you’re basically saying, you’re clearly not understanding that driving is part of the roleplay. If you find MVA RP boring, then drive carefully and don’t get in one. Realism while driving is necessary, obviously to a point, but you seem to just want to use some strange low level of RP or no RP at all when it comes to driving.

5 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

People with the described attitude have no place on a roleplay server, it doesn’t take that much longer to arrive somewhere while not driving like an absolute ass, in fact, the map contains so many details and jokes, it’s a nice experience to drive slower and no, you don’t see all of them in your first few times driving past them. If you use driving as nothing but an OOC means to travel between RP scenes, which is what you’re basically saying, you’re clearly not understanding that driving is part of the roleplay. If you find MVA RP boring, then drive carefully and don’t get in one. Realism while driving is necessary, obviously to a point, but you seem to just want to use some strange low level of RP or no RP at all when it comes to driving.

Enforcing strict driving rules just makes the game more boring. I can guarantee nobody on this thread actually drives as they would IRL. This is a game if I wanted completely 100% realistic driving I wouldn't be on my computer.   I understand that this is a roleplay server and driving is a very important aspect but you're forgetting that people use roleplay games (GTA V/SAMP in particular) as an escape and a way to do shit they wouldn't do IRL. Like be a gangster, yes actions should have consequences as they do IRL and for the most part, everything you do does have consequences. The consequence of reckless driving being having to rp a MVA is boring. Being sent to prison and having to roleplay inside there is much more fun. Why? MVA RP is static for the most part whereas prison is more dynamic.

Put it in the hands of PD to stop the shitty driving. Not by enforcing rules

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Kryostro said:

If someone can do very strange things that are OOC fueled in the PD/VU, one of which is supposed to be a pinnacle of roleplay. Then someone can speed if it calls for it. 

Theres nothing wrong with speeding, there is a problem with doing 100mph through a city, hitting eight light poles /vparking your car and respawning it which is one of the main issues of this thread, speed all you want, just make sure it is a realisticly achievable speed.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Perky locked this topic