Report notification

I noticed players get notified with an in game notification. Wouldn't it be a good idea to also inform them in the forums pm. 

You get 48 hours to respond. Some players aren't online every 2 days. But usually log in on the forums daily.  

On 3/27/2024 at 8:38 PM, Steeled said:

I mean.. If you know the player's forum name you can tag them or send them a message I guess. The only issue is that you don't always know the forum account of who you're reporting.

The handling admin can see that as your UCP is connected with your in game account. Just 1 notification in game is not enough really. You get 48 hours to respond, while a report takes weeks to be concluded.

37 minutes ago, BarbieXL said:

The handling admin can see that as your UCP is connected with your in game account. Just 1 notification in game is not enough really. You get 48 hours to respond, while a report takes weeks to be concluded.

Not everyone have their forum account connected to the UCP, the admin who's handling the report usually tags the forum account if they know it.

6 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Not everyone have their forum account connected to the UCP, the admin who's handling the report usually tags the forum account if they know it.

I don't get reported often, gladly. But it happened for the first time this month and I do not log in every 48 hours sometimes. I do have my forum account connected. It would be nice if it would be standard procedure to send a forum pm as well. I thought it was necessary to have your UCP connected to your in game account, because of the whitelisting. 

47 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Just let the admins sort that out. I don't believe players should have to go to through the trouble of getting someones forum name for  a report when an admin already does it

On 3/30/2024 at 3:58 PM, BarbieXL said:

I don't get reported often, gladly. But it happened for the first time this month and I do not log in every 48 hours sometimes. I do have my forum account connected. It would be nice if it would be standard procedure to send a forum pm as well. I thought it was necessary to have your UCP connected to your in game account, because of the whitelisting. 

UCP is connected to characters, but not every forum account is connected to a UCP

34 minutes ago, Welsh said:

UCP is connected to characters, but not every forum account is connected to a UCP

Maybe an idea to implement in GTA 6. Would be  way easier for everyone, and more logical in my opinion if it's a whitelist server, right? 

On 3/30/2024 at 5:39 PM, Godmask said:

Just let the admins sort that out. I don't believe players should have to go to through the trouble of getting someones forum name for  a report when an admin already does it

Oh yea, I agree. Let admins sort that out. I never said the player that reported the person should PM them, obviously the admin would do that. But it is unfortunate that not every UCP account is connected to their in game account. It would be easier for everyone, especially since there is so many forum reports, everyday. 

23 minutes ago, graeme said:

Half the time forum complaints are ignored for about a week, pointless.

Who's to blame for that? They give players 48 hours. 

• Upvote 1