petty forum reports

Like it or not, what might be petty to you might be huge to others.  Also sometimes they also clear up and confusion that might be related to some of the server rules which aren't clear cut.  Can some of them be viewed and adding to the work load of the admins when it could of easily been resolved? Sure. However, it's kind of why the admins exist. Not saying they're here to babysit every situation but some forum reports are a means of two parties coming to a common ground with a third party opinion that being in most cases a server admin. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think a lot of people understand. but I do notice the petty forum reports even in-game reports for things that are said IC'ly. Seems that people are quick to get into the trouble for something that isn't even serious nor was worth reporting but however the admin team acted on it. Weird, but that's just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Lindsie said:

So people learn to follow rules in the future?

I wonder what is the solution... oh wait... Don't break rules!

Reports can also be used for educating people. Don't always have to go for the punishment. Calling reports petty though is kinda cringe. Just trying to make excuses for those small rule breaks people do.

The people who open petty reports on you are the same people drifting Elegy's around the city at 230 MPH, ignoring traffic signals and have puddle depth character development. They're just trolling really, looking to get people punished for whatever reason instead of for a reason which is actually majorly disruptive to our RP community.

Breaking rules is never okay, but there's certain mistakes everyone makes when roleplaying. Not everyone is going to be thinking about every rule all the time. We're not machines, we're people.

Edited by CertifiedKiller
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, MikeDawg said:

I don't think a lot of people understand. but I do notice the petty forum reports even in-game reports for things that are said IC'ly. Seems that people are quick to get into the trouble for something that isn't even serious nor was worth reporting but however the admin team acted on it. Weird, but that's just my opinion. 

I've been here for years. Never been reported, never been punished for breaking an ingame rule, and this was while propping up a car theft ring that made a solid profit selling stolen firearms, lockpicks, and various other necessities.

It's not that people are getting caught because someone posted a petty report, it's that people are breaking the rules and getting caught, even if by the tiniest thread. Don't break the rules, and you'll be fine.

Keep in mind that I'm not the favorite for certain someones. People have reasons to want to catch me breaking rules. They never have though, because it's laughably easy to follow the rules.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 3
8 hours ago, heartbeat81 said:

Been a few days that I noticed we have a bunch of petty forum reports and since I came from another community, I genuinely want to understand why's that.

Probably because those that file the report have a genuine belief that a rule was broken? Either that, or they're trying to get something out of a report that benefits themselves.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2

Plus you don't know if a person actually broke a rule or not. But this server also favors legal RP and the petty forum reports can also be to their own privelage or advatanges. I don't think y'all seeing it from two different POV's.

• Upvote 1