Clarification on active and non-active combat situations, and their related allowances (specifically around the tackle script)

While reading the rules, there are highlights that support the ability to 'post-pone'  roleplay in 'active' combat situations. Examples below:

• If you get into a script wise punching fight, you aren't expected to roleplay each punch thrown and each hit received, until the fight is over. 
  • If you are getting shot at, you can respond by pulling your gun and shooting back without roleplay.

The key to the above situations is that during a fast-paced combat scenario, roleplay is allowed to be temporarily postponed until the situation is no longer 'fast-paced'

The issue is typically a situation is de-escalated by individuals being put into the wounded state and physically no longer being able to continue. The exception to this outcome is scripts that de-escalate the situation without putting someone in wounded. Examples being: Tackling, Taser, Beanbag shotgun. 

While the Taser and Beanbag are taught in LEO factions that roleplay must follow after deploying them, the tackle script is a de-escalation tool usable by anyone. 

The request:
I believe there should be clarification in the rules that after a tackle has been made, the situation between the two parties is 'no longer active' and therefore must be followed by roleplay. This rule clarification can help prevent issues where individuals utilize the tackle script to disable them, then be able to kick them with the script until they are put in the wounded state while they are unable to defend themselves due to being in a disabled script state. 

While my focus for this suggestion is mainly pro-active rules and expectations around 'active' vs. ' non-active' combat situations, and how the tackle script brings a new dimension to this. I fully encourage anyone else who has noticed loop-holes or have more considerations around 'active' / 'non-active' combat situations, issues they've noticed, and if you agree or disagree. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 10:14 PM, FearnR said:

This rule clarification can help prevent issues where individuals utilize the tackle script to disable them, then be able to kick them with the script until they are put in the wounded state while they are unable to defend themselves due to being in a disabled script state. 

I've been wondering about this myself too.

I've seen people use the tackle script to stun someone, and then get a hits/shots in.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it's OK to get into a fight without too much roleplay as you'll basically lose because of that - so maybe they should write it in a way that it states when to do the roleplay. But I also feel like the 'after the fight' roleplay can be tricky, as they might get into an argument of who did what, and when. 

This is rather a tricky situation either way, and we should definitely address this problem so both parties of such things are happy. 

+1 for me. 

I think hitting/shooting someone after tackling them is pretty clear cut script abuse.

Codifying it is as simple as adding a line to the rules under powergaming listing doing so as an example, so sure—why not?

+1

Edited by NickyW