Clarify the Chopped Car Message

Currently, when player's vehicles get chopped for parts they get a message saying the LSPD has recovered the vehicle. This leads to us getting lots of calls from people asking for their cars back, which leads to confusion when we never actually impounded the car. I suggest the message be amended to say something like: "The LSPD has recovered the vehicle, and it will be released from the Vinewood Impound Lot at DATE & TIME." This way, we avoid all the unnecessary calls and questions about cars that PD likely never even interacted with.

I believe it already has a timer on it, telling you when your car will be available again. And also hinting they found it with missing parts.
But I guess, it could be addressed a bit more that it's not them that impounded it but found it after being stolen or w/e so people don't mistake it with being impounded.
jJFEoSl.png

21 minutes ago, LeNova said:

I believe it already has a timer on it, telling you when your car will be available again. And also hinting they found it with missing parts.
But I guess, it could be addressed a bit more that it's not them that impounded it but found it after being stolen or w/e so people don't mistake it with being impounded.
jJFEoSl.png

Some people just jump to assuming we have the car, maybe making THIS the message instead of saying LSPD has it would be easier. Cause I believe this one only shows when you /vget it.

• Developer
17 hours ago, Bauer said:

Currently, when player's vehicles get chopped for parts they get a message saying the LSPD has recovered the vehicle. This leads to us getting lots of calls from people asking for their cars back, which leads to confusion when we never actually impounded the car. I suggest the message be amended to say something like: "The LSPD has recovered the vehicle, and it will be released from the Vinewood Impound Lot at DATE & TIME." This way, we avoid all the unnecessary calls and questions about cars that PD likely never even interacted with.

OK, next update.

• Applaud 1