State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Power said:

What does forcing people into indoor tracks have to do with Roleplaying crashes? If this is just about people not roleplaying crashes that is an OOC rule enforcement issue yet people are bringing up IC things like stricter laws, capping car speeds and limiting people to race tracks. 

That is my point.

So they don't inconvenience other who's RPing, at least. And I'm talking specifically about the reply you quoted. They were talking about how they got lag-rammed and you countered them with "this happen IRL" XD

2 hours ago, varthshenon said:

So they don't inconvenience other who's RPing, at least. And I'm talking specifically about the reply you quoted. They were talking about how they got lag-rammed and you countered them with "this happen IRL" XD

It's ironic that you're trying to tell @Power what he replied to whilst not being able to read yourself, the solution of the person he replied to was that "There are plenty of legal race tracks and options to race [...]" which Power tried to argue against as legal options isn't a solution to bad roleplay.

The reason Power didn't address the non-roleplay is because, why is that even a discussion? It's a rule violation, it doesn't need a new solution. We have one, report them. The parts of this topic that discuss blatant non-roleplay and lag-ramming should be handled with stricter OOC enforcement as they literally break rules.

• Applaud 1
5 hours ago, KaythPlus said:

It's ironic that you're trying to tell @Power what he replied to whilst not being able to read yourself, the solution of the person he replied to was that "There are plenty of legal race tracks and options to race [...]" which Power tried to argue against as legal options isn't a solution to bad roleplay.

The reason Power didn't address the non-roleplay is because, why is that even a discussion? It's a rule violation, it doesn't need a new solution. We have one, report them. The parts of this topic that discuss blatant non-roleplay and lag-ramming should be handled with stricter OOC enforcement as they literally break rules.

I do read them, and it was still a valid argument in my opinion. If you know your PC capability, you should try to not inconvenience other. It's just that simple.

Imagine you RP as a police officer and whenever you chase someone, you keep smacking others.

I'll just add this just so this conversation doesn't get longer than necessary.

By lag-ramming, I mean the person who do the ramming doesn't even notice that they just rammed someone else, hence called the lag. Regardless they want to RP the crash or not, they don't know they just crashed into someone. This, as far as I know, is not a rule break. Happened to me once and we agreed to void with admin permission.

This might be just me, but if I know I can cause problem to someone OOCly, I'd try to avoid it the best I can, by, for example, not blazing through the road if most stuff could barely load and instead use the racetrack.

Edited by varthshenon
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, varthshenon said:

Yeah that was my reply because street racing is just as valid roleplay as any other illegal roleplay on this server. You don't get to decide what other people can roleplay if they are operating within the rules. If you get lag slammed and the other person doesn't realize, who cares? Yeah it sucks we have sync issue but that is what you get on multiplayer mods that push the limits of vanilla games, sync isn't perfect. You spend 3 seconds respawning your vehicle and move on. If it elevates to rulebreaking, report them or forum complaint them. If the complaint is the lax enforcement of OOC rules that is a whole different discussion. I'll leave it there.

Edited by Power
19 minutes ago, Power said:

Yeah that was my reply because street racing is just as valid roleplay as any other illegal roleplay on this server. You don't get to decide what other people can roleplay if they are operating within the rules. If you get lag slammed and the other person doesn't realize, who cares? Yeah it sucks we have sync issue but that is what you get on multiplayer mods that push the limits of vanilla games, sync isn't perfect. You spend 3 seconds respawning your vehicle and move on. If it elevates to rulebreaking, report them or forum complaint them. If the complaint is the lax enforcement of OOC rules that is a whole different discussion. I'll leave it there.

"If you get lag slammed and the other person doesn't realize, who cares?"

It falls under common courtesy. People shouldn't be speeding if they cannot even load up textures. It disrupts roleplay, and at that point, it is intentional knowing that nothing synchs for them at that speed.

• Applaud 1