State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Jeroen said:

@KL @varthshenon As I said in my reply, this lowering of the speed limit would be accompanied by lowering the top speed of the vehicles themselves.

If you reduce the acceleration of vehicles, then they'll take longer to reach top speed. But I'm sure that persistent ones will reach it regardless, especially with how GTA:V physics work. Police will have a much harder time intercepting these individuals if their cars also have a lower acceleration. Many cops out there already have a hard time catching up to vehicles going full speed, as they're often already long gone before you reach the top speed to intercept them.

I mean that logic only really applies if the car can stay at top speed for a longer period of time. Since it takes longer to get to that top speed if you reduce acceleration, it means you'll need an even longer stretch of road. Where is this going to happen other than on the freeway?

You can lower acceleration and this and that, quite honestly while they may somewhat fix the issue, it won’t solve it. 

what the server really needs is:

1. Revamp of license taking script

2. harsher IC laws for driving like you’re in NFS

And finally, 

3. the biggest incentive: seizing cars temporarily once or twice, then permanently. 

Assets and money will always be a player’s biggest incentive on the server, and people who drive like this will only learn when faced with the consequences. Is it a bit harsh? Yes, I suppose, but at the same time it is something that the people who drive like this brought upon themselves if something like this gets implemented. 

Once there’s a real threat of people’s cars to be seized and taken, they’ll start thinking twice about whether driving like a NFS lunatic is worth it or not. 

Just my 2¢, of course, I may not share this view with a majority or even a minority of the community but yeah. 

• Upvote 1

Increase IC punishments and enforcement, you'll see people start driving with a brain. Doubly so if we start seizing cars, it'd give the courts good RP through traffic court and seizure auctions.

And again. Beef up PD/SD traffic, add SAHP, or both.

• Upvote 1

Everything is fine. Leave it as it is.

People need to learn how to drive and at the moment there is no incentive to do so. Repairs cost 500$ and it is a joke for the current economy. Simply change the cost of repairs to like 10k each and you will see how people will start driving better in fear of going bankrupt.

1 hour ago, yag tnera spart said:

People need to learn how to drive and at the moment there is no incentive to do so. Repairs cost 500$ and it is a joke for the current economy. Simply change the cost of repairs to like 10k each and you will see how people will start driving better in fear of going bankrupt.

Since when do people repair their cars at the mechanic? People despawn and respawn their car, which fixes it completely.

I think i even forget repairing a car was a thing… lol

13 minutes ago, danistheman said:

Since when do people repair their cars at the mechanic? People despawn and respawn their car, which fixes it completely.

I think i even forget repairing a car was a thing… lol

Visually? Yes, it gets fixed. As of one of the recent updates, the car gets engine health damage, if the engine reaches 600 HP it starts turning off. People do repair their engines these days. 

I would simply raise the cost of the repairs so people have a reason to follow the road rules. At the moment there is simply no reason to not drive around like a lunatic.

1 hour ago, yag tnera spart said:

Visually? Yes, it gets fixed. As of one of the recent updates, the car gets engine health damage, if the engine reaches 600 HP it starts turning off. People do repair their engines these days. 

It doesn't always decrease though, I keep a close eye on my vehicle health in /dl and I think it only decreases in specific situations.

Just now, Jeroen said:

It doesn't always decrease though, I keep a close eye on my vehicle health in /dl and I think it only decreases in specific situations.

Of course, because it is around the area of the engine. If you hit somewhere with your trunk and your engine is in the front, nothing would really happen. 

6 hours ago, yag tnera spart said:

Problem with that is after the big auto update dropped, a bunch of people complained about the cars 'breaking too easy' so they jacked the HP up a shitton.