Allow widowed partners in /partner script to own/sell deceased partner's vehicles

Detailed Description Currently, while in the /partner script, you can spawn, modify, /vstats and /vdup a partner's vehicles but you cannot sell them. This is fine unless your partner dies via a CK. In this situation, you still have access to all their vehicles,  which is realistic, but you don't gain ownership of them. Seeing as the server strives for heavy rp and realism, I feel you should gain ownership of their vehicles as it mirrors what would happen in real life. There is no reason why vehicles should just disappear because the player died. While RP after a loved one dies may be sorrowful, it is part of life. Taking care of a loved one's belongings including their personal items, properties, and vehicles are all things that people go though. Let's reflect that on the server. 

Relevant Commands/Items

Allow partners in /partner script to use /sellvehicle command if the partner and owner of the vehicle is CKed.

How will it benefit the server?

It would add an additional level of realism to relationship RP. It brings unique RP scenarios to car dealerships or in conversations during private vehicle sales. Being there for someone in a time of loss can lead to new friendships and additional RP possibilities.

• Upvote 2

Let's take this suggestion a step further and make a script will that you have to update regularly.

Currently If you get a will drawn up by a  lawyer and you later die, afaik, you can message PM and have them honor the will. But that's a lot of work for PM, so making it automatic would be easier.

It seems realistic but I'm seeing all the ways this could be abused by toxic OOC situations. Not to mention the fact that after a CK, the CK'd spouse can simply namechange and begin a new character/life. Suddenly those assets aren't your partner's, they belong to the new character. So, where do we draw the line? What if they RP getting a prenup or a will that said all their assets would go to their family instead of the spouse?

Easier to just say no - you shouldn't be able to sell someone else's assets. I doubt there's that many people getting in marriages, using the partner script, getting CK'd, and wanting to sell their CK'd partner's assets. It seems like a cheap way to get rich. If they wanted you to keep an asset, they would have. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, primera dama said:

Not to mention the fact that after a CK, the CK'd spouse can simply namechange and begin a new character/life. Suddenly those assets aren't your partner's, they belong to the new character. 

I know that technically PM allows you to keep your assets after a CK, but if you REALLY think about it, it's a form of MG. Same as you not being allowed to work at the same business in 2 characters cause they aren't allowed to meet. How does your new character get access to EVERY ONE of your old characters assets so quickly after death? I understand keeping money for the purpose of making a character with a rich background, but not cars and properties.

Edited by KyokoYoshida
52 minutes ago, primera dama said:

It seems realistic but I'm seeing all the ways this could be abused by toxic OOC situations. Not to mention the fact that after a CK, the CK'd spouse can simply namechange and begin a new character/life. Suddenly those assets aren't your partner's, they belong to the new character. So, where do we draw the line? What if they RP getting a prenup or a will that said all their assets would go to their family instead of the spouse?

Easier to just say no - you shouldn't be able to sell someone else's assets. I doubt there's that many people getting in marriages, using the partner script, getting CK'd, and wanting to sell their CK'd partner's assets. It seems like a cheap way to get rich. If they wanted you to keep an asset, they would have. 

• Gibbz locked this topic