Allow widowed partners in /partner script to own/sell deceased partner's vehicles

58 minutes ago, primera dama said:

It seems realistic but I'm seeing all the ways this could be abused by toxic OOC situations. Not to mention the fact that after a CK, the CK'd spouse can simply namechange and begin a new character/life. Suddenly those assets aren't your partner's, they belong to the new character. So, where do we draw the line? What if they RP getting a prenup or a will that said all their assets would go to their family instead of the spouse?

Easier to just say no - you shouldn't be able to sell someone else's assets. I doubt there's that many people getting in marriages, using the partner script, getting CK'd, and wanting to sell their CK'd partner's assets. It seems like a cheap way to get rich. If they wanted you to keep an asset, they would have. 

Summed it up. Not really needed.

31 minutes ago, KyokoYoshida said:

I know that technically PM allows you to keep your assets after a CK, but if you REALLY think about it, it's a form of MG. Same as you not being allowed to work at the same business in 2 characters cause they aren't allowed to meet. How does your new character get access to EVERY ONE of your old characters assets so quickly after death? I understand keeping money for the purpose of making a character with a rich background, but not cars and properties.

change name, still in the /partner script and /vsell your vehicles out of spite.

Edited by Hart

-1 People will mostly just name-change to keep their assets, so I don't think that feature is really needed tbh. I think what's best is if 2 in /partner share the same house and the owner dies, then the property goes to the person alive IF the other person doesn't own another house. Then that process will have to go through PM for approval, that is of-course if the CK'd player is willing to hand over the property despite NC'ing or keeping their char killed.

Edited by Steeled
On 2/6/2024 at 12:48 AM, primera dama said:

It seems realistic but I'm seeing all the ways this could be abused by toxic OOC situations. Not to mention the fact that after a CK, the CK'd spouse can simply namechange and begin a new character/life. Suddenly those assets aren't your partner's, they belong to the new character. So, where do we draw the line? What if they RP getting a prenup or a will that said all their assets would go to their family instead of the spouse?

Easier to just say no - you shouldn't be able to sell someone else's assets. I doubt there's that many people getting in marriages, using the partner script, getting CK'd, and wanting to sell their CK'd partner's assets. It seems like a cheap way to get rich. If they wanted you to keep an asset, they would have. 

this ^

• Web Developer

This is an extremely niche use case that doesn't warrant the need for a script. You can contact courts or admins to facilitate this if/when it does happen, but as it is it's very rare.

• Upvote 1
  • Gibbz locked this topic