213312132.png?ex=65c6b82d&is=65b4432d&hm

*The website's quite plain in display, everything center-aligned: 'anotherdayinparadise.net.'* 
 (( https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/117988-paradise-project-webportal ))

Hey readers, Butch here it, turns out writing articles isn't going to be a one-time thing. This one will be more of a blog though. Funny that? I see I had quite a few readers with the last article. Unfortunately this article's going to be a bit more serious than poking fun at idiots. Today's issue is on drugs, addiction. Particularly based on my personal experience with the opioid crisis in our city. Course, this is the sort of thing that the Vinewood elite love to brush over. Even the star-walk can't hide victims of the opioid epidemic from tourists.

vinwood.png?ex=65c7214a&is=65b4ac4a&hm=a

As much as I don't like to admit it, I myself am a recovering heroin addict, having been hooked shortly after running from home. I never finished high school.. actually grew up in Hawick funny enough, that great big Vinewood sign looming over me for my whole life. Didn't take long on the streets till I was hooked, having been offered a joint spiked with heroin nasty stuff, Gotta be careful who you take your drugs from people! You know what though? It was awful.. I hated it from day one.. slowly falling into addiction I was helpless to stop it. I grew desperate, begging for money, pawning things I'd find in dumpsters.. all to satisfy my fix and cease the rising dope sickness. Despite what some of you may think, that addicts continue to do drugs because they enjoy them. That isn't always the case.. especially when it comes to drugs as nasty as heroin, horse, dope.. whatever the fuck you chose to call it. For years I was a zombie, a slave to my habit and the cities health system wasn't any help back then. PHMC weren't maintaining medical records quite as well as they are these days.

32121.png?ex=65c6c51e&is=65b4501e&hm=6b0

213132.png?ex=65c6c51d&is=65b4501d&hm=ff

If I wasn't getting high on the streets I was getting high in clubs and bars, snorting powder in the bathroom, shooting up in an alleyway. Opioids are awful shit. But... it's not as simple as suddenly going cold turkey. Can't just take people's drugs away and expect them to get better. Unfortunately this seems to be the solution that those not in the know chose to take... and honestly? Who can blame law enforcement for that.. it's their job to take away illicit substances. But at that point you're creating a criminal, feeding into the cycle. People need help. Not every drug addict is a bad person, some are victims. I can certainly tell you that I'm not the only one to have gotten addicted to heroin through a spiked joint here and there. Whenever I see someone begging on the streets, strung out? I treat them like a person. We're all victims to the system here in Sunny Los Santos.

junkr1.png?ex=65c7214a&is=65b4ac4a&hm=fd

junkr12.png?ex=65c7214a&is=65b4ac4a&hm=3

There isn't even a clear solution to the drug epidemic. Unfortunately drugs will never just -go- away.. however from my personal experience many addicts simply need to be provided with something else. Something more. I found myself facing the strongest influence of all, hope. I had a friend stick their neck out for me. Making sure that I was healthy fed me, helped me ween off the drugs. For that I was stronger they had given me what I needed to kick the habit. While that may be one person yes, I ask that you look out for friends and family who may be suffering with addiction. Stand by their side and help them work through it and maybe they'll turn around, get better. Pushing them to get away from heroin, meth even gambling. If you truly care for them don't demonize them, you'll push them away. Much like some of my friends certainly did.. I'm not proud of my past, but frankly.. I'm grateful for those who have stuck beside me for the duration of my journey.

32132321.png?ex=65c6c5fd&is=65b450fd&hm=

All and all.. don't come to Los Santos people, this place is a hellhole. The drug epidemic is only going to get worse and with a drug market comes warfare. Gangs fighting for control of a market and the police can't do fuck all about it. For every big drug bust, another organization will simply fill the gap. Leading to criminal organizations producing more drugs to flood the streets. Gunfights are already a regularity here as organizations fight for power. Even these days I usually catch the aftermath of a mass shootout every night that I go out stringing. Western society is in decline and Los Santos is the hotbed where you see the division of classes at it's worst. While the eccentrics in the hills wine and dine.. tourism continuing to line their pockets while the rest of us suffer down here on the streets. We'll continue to suffer from addiction, and from violence being caught in the crossfire between groups fighting for control. So.. what can I say? Don't fucking come to Los Santos. Help out your friends dealing with difficulties such as addiction and.. well. Promote indie media, you know mainstream media aint going to talk about the difficult shit we do.

I guess that's it for this week folks. Look out for your friends, family and loved ones.. god knows who else will.

DONATE IF YOU CAN PLEASE, THIS SHIT AINT EASY.
Every dollar helps put food on the table and thus helps me make more content.
CashApp: ButchParadise

((/banktransfer XXXXX 010002614 Paradise Donation.))

guestbook_banner.gif

-COMMENTS ARE ENABLED-

Username:

Comment:

Edited by Zetara
  • Upvote 6
4 hours ago, Al-Malikah said:

Username: LS Vixen

Comment: You keep riding your pale horse, and I'll keep riding the black horse.

Username: ButchParadise
Comment: You do great work Vix keep at it!