Amend the cop killing rule

5 minutes ago, Akio said:

Why are you derailing the thread into a LEO vs Criminal debate anyways?  

As for this, it's more of a response thing I believe if the crime rate is through the roof obviously you're going to show more presence in the area. Davis right now is an utter shit show from what I've seen the past few days, none the less back on the topic at hand like I mentioned previously. I get your objective might be great but all it takes is one bad appeal to spoil the bunch. But poor escalation as of recent has been on a massive high if I'm being honest. 

Because it is a LEO vs criminals debate. There just wouldnt be any problems if there was less police presence, it’s unrealistic and stupid. They know exactly what they are doing by sitting around there and camping the hood. By “there wouldn’t be problems” I mean this whole fucking thread just wouldnt exist.

16 minutes ago, Akio said:

I did read it, but you know what you give people that exception, they'll abuse the shit out of it.   

You are saying that the admin team is not competent enough to design a rule in a way so that it won’t be abused? Cause your fears are unfounded. Also, I literally gave an example of how it would work. Stopping progress due to fear is ridiculous. 

25 minutes ago, OCSteppa said:

Because it is a LEO vs criminals debate. There just wouldnt be any problems if there was less police presence, it’s unrealistic and stupid. They know exactly what they are doing by sitting around there and camping the hood. By “there wouldn’t be problems” I mean this whole fucking thread just wouldnt exist.

I thought they said that the LEO rpers try to roleplay the city as being "realistically" populated, so why would they go to South Central and over police it when there's an equal amount of people per their own admission? Suddenly every PD/SD person wants to go to South Central because they're playing to the player base, the majority of the illegal scene is in South Central and Vespucci. You barely see any police anywhere else unless they're called there.

• Upvote 2

Wow, this topic sure has derailed since I last checked it. 

Went about the way I thought it would.

People who have no idea what realism is are complaining that the police should just stay away from... high crime areas? For realism? Right.

I was going to write this long diatribe about this, but decided it's really not worth the effort.

Even though the original suggestion has nothing to do with this, I agree, let's ban LEOs from South Central - then I, personally, never have to go down there again to backup Goober McCopface who decides to stop Goober McGangbang and watch while they argue in /b about the Glock 21 that Goober McGangbang has stowed in the pocket dimension in his right sock, all the while Goober McCopface is too incensed to let it go so we can move onto some actually interesting roleplay.

OP, I liked your initial idea after you convinced me. The rest of these trolls truly show us why it probably shouldn't even be touched, though. There are too many Goober McGangbangs out there.

• Applaud 1
27 minutes ago, chickenrappa said:

I thought they said that the LEO rpers try to roleplay the city as being "realistically" populated, so why would they go to South Central and over police it when there's an equal amount of people per their own admission? Suddenly every PD/SD person wants to go to South Central because they're playing to the player base, the majority of the illegal scene is in South Central and Vespucci. You barely see any police anywhere else unless they're called there.

Exactly. This is a whole LEO vs criminal debate just talking about cop killing. Cops get killed all the time irl and ofc it would happen so much more (irl) if they overcrowded the hoods, more ambushes would happen, more shootings on police would happen. It would turn into the gangs becoming allies with eachother just to go against the police. But since thats not allowed on gtaw that’s not possible. Even tho that is EXACTLY what would happen.

the police definitely need to scatter around LS, I can rob somebody in broad day (ofc i mean night bc thats peak time on gtaw) in anywhere except the hood and would be able to get away just fine, if that happened in the hood, there would be 30 PD cars running up on me to tell me to put my hands up.

So if cops get shot and killed for being in the hood, I 100% agree they should CK from it, stop camping the hood and scatter the other half of LS, you’re asking to be terrorized by killers.

- sent on iPhone 6 Plus

• Reece? locked this topic

I've read over almost every reply in this thread as its something I've had in my mind for a while now, I'd like to drop a reply to give some clarity as to why things are the way they are now within the rules and what I think could and should change.

I'll start with the discussion about fear to get that out of the way as its rather simple, the rule under powergaming hasn't changed and is in effect for all characters on the server regardless of who they are or what faction they are in, any character who has a clear disregard for their lives in circumstances that is extremely likely for the outcome to be their death is subject to a CK, given this would be a rule break it is something that should be documented and reported should it occur and admins will look into it to determine whether it is worthy of a CK.

Now onto the bigger subject at hand... "When can I shoot at cops?";

I'm surprised this wasn't discussed in more detail surrounding this topic as this is the bigger issue and not really the fear as rules are already in place for this. Due to a LOT of LEO's being the victim of deathmatching during their patrols and namely on simple traffic stops, a new rule was implemented into deathmatching as a result to put a solid stop to this as the majority of times it occurred was simply ridiculous and not in the benefit of roleplay whatsoever. However, I believe the implementation of this rule to have caused a new issue as of follows;

"A character may only murder a member of law enforcement when there is an active existing threat to life, or there is indisputable evidence that the stop will lead to life or serious extended imprisonment."

The issue here is that the rule itself is subjective to peoples own opinions, what would you call an existing threat to life? What would you call indisputable evidence? And what would you say is serious extended imprisonment? The problem here is that its a big struggle for players to understand what is within the rule and what is not when no examples are given or guidelines set, which is leading to anxiety surrounding the rule or players getting punished by something that is currently subjective. This is something that I've been thinking about for a little while now and something I intended on bringing up to the staff team myself, which I will be doing unless there's something already in the works. What I believe there needs to be to fix this are some examples and guidelines, otherwise it will stay subjective and a difficult rule not only to make a judgement on but also for players to understand.

• Upvote 5