Vehicle Damage & Totalling

Furzer

Short description: Implement vehicle damage & totalling system

Detailed description: After a vehicle has obtained a severe amount of damage (below a certain percentage I'd assume, I don't know how RageMP works in that sense in comparison to SAMP) the engine should cut out. In some instances it should be possible to turn the engine back on (dependent on the damage sustained - again idk how RageMP works for this but when you're shot in certain areas you're informed of where it hurts for instance). If a vehicle is completely totalled it would required mechanic attention (a towing service to an open garage, fixing up etc).

Commands to add: None necessary

Items to add: Breakdown toolkit(?) for players to purchase in stores which can fix minor engine issues 

How would your suggestion improve the server? It enforces a higher standard of roleplay to be portrayed more by the scripts influence rather than players who might lack a sense of when a vehicle REALISTICALLY wouldn't work. By force of the script the roleplay would have to be portrayed appropriately (IRL when a vehicle breaks down we don't have a say in when it can continue driving or not).

Additional information: I know people will dislike the concept of the script having more influence than the current fluid feel but in this instance (say for police pursuits) it will be highly beneficial. A lot of people fail to roleplay damage sustained to a vehicle and this could assist that.

21 hours ago, Furzer said:

How would your suggestion improve the server? It enforces a higher standard of roleplay to be portrayed more by the scripts influence rather than players who might lack a sense of when a vehicle REALISTICALLY wouldn't work. By force of the script the roleplay would have to be portrayed appropriately (IRL when a vehicle breaks down we don't have a say in when it can continue driving or not).

I definitely agree with this. A lot of people lack proper car mechanics knowledge, so it seems necessary having a script that breaks the car depending on the impact, of the collision. 

Needs overall realistic vehicle script. 95% of vehicles sold are in perfect condition, why? Because well they are. 

There should be a script that makes owning a car not just a walk in the park. You buy an old car? It can just die in the middle of the road. You bought a car long time ago and have 500k KMs on it? It can break down. 

System itself should be pretty straight forward since not everyone is a car guy and we don't need to go in depth. 

Just need mileage and totalling system, simple one. 

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

There should be a script that makes owning a car not just a walk in the park. You buy an old car? It can just die in the middle of the road. You bought a car long time ago and have 500k KMs on it? It can break down. 

System itself should be pretty straight forward

How would the maths behind that work? A  chance of failure every mile, every 10 miles, every time the engine is turned on? Given how often the failure chance is triggered, what should the percentage be to accommodate this to make it respectable and for it to not overwhelm players?

2 hours ago, Westen said:

How would the maths behind that work? A  chance of failure every mile, every 10 miles, every time the engine is turned on? Given how often the failure chance is triggered, what should the percentage be to accommodate this to make it respectable and for it to not overwhelm players?

I don't know how much people drive and not sure what numbers would be appropriate, but I'll thing of something closer to real life, for example, three categories of vehicles.

Beater, Mid Class, High end. 

Beaters are those rusty ones and alo some of the cheaper older vehicles. 

Mid Class should be most of the cars for sale basically, not super car and not a Beater. 

High End - some of the classy SUVs, maybe some expensive sedans and mainly sports and other expensive cars. 

Beater - 5000 kilometers (3000miles)30% break down chance, 10000 kilometers 60% and so on until the vehicle can basically be scrapped or sold for car parts. 

Mid Class - 10000km(6000miles) 15% break down chance , 20000km 30% etc

High End - 20000km(12000miles) 10% break down chance, 40000km 20% etc 

I kinda tried to keep those numbers between gtaw and real life, just an example, not sure how much people actually drive. Myself, i owned one car for one year, basically had it like 2 months since the opening. Mostly people resell cars i guess. 

If you like the idea i can help categorizing vehicles based on their real life versions. 

How would you go about with people that build their own cars? The classes listed up ahead with the percentage system can be quite troubling. Let's say you buy a junker or a rusty car and restore it RP-ly and dump a new engine in it. Via script, the mileage will stay the same and the car still has a chance of breaking down, even though the vehicle has a new and fully built motor in it.

Also, the vehicle damaging and totaling script on this version of RAGE with all the desync? It would be hell on earth.

2 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

How would you go about with people that build their own cars? The classes listed up ahead with the percentage system can be quite troubling. Let's say you buy a junker or a rusty car and restore it RP-ly and dump a new engine in it. Via script, the mileage will stay the same and the car still has a chance of breaking down, even though the vehicle has a new and fully built motor in it.

Also, the vehicle damaging and totaling script on this version of RAGE with all the desync? It would be hell on earth.

Not sure how bad sync is with engines. About adding new engines, maybe developers would be able to make a system for it. Low end mid end and high end engines could be bought from mech garages. So if you upgrade your beater and get a new mid end engine on it, car will run much better. This system has to be good and if more people gave their ideas, maybe devs could cook smth up. 

7 minutes ago, Lance said:

Not sure how bad sync is with engines. About adding new engines, maybe developers would be able to make a system for it. Low end mid end and high end engines could be bought from mech garages. So if you upgrade your beater and get a new mid end engine on it, car will run much better. This system has to be good and if more people gave their ideas, maybe devs could cook smth up. 

Yeah, but then again, some people RP old engines that are really reliable. There's hundreds of different engines that people RP on GTA:W. Take an old 4A-GE engine. It's old but then again it's really reliable. Or a 2JZ that people love RP-ly swapping into japanese cars. Introducing the system would only take away from people's RP and heavily rely on the script. People should be free to choose to RP if their car is reliable or not. Engines are unpredictable and you never know when one can break down. In my honest opinion, the system works just fine for now. 

Even if this does get implemented, it won't matter much. Not everyone cares about car RP and they'll just roll into the shop and be like. "Put a new engine in it, max it out" and leave ten minutes later. This already happens and it'll only become more problematic if we keep shoving maintenance, percentages and other things down their throats. If people wish to RP unreliable cars, they can do so.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see the vehicle-die out when individual had a powerful impact. We had this issue on SA:MP, where we got people crashing into each other and than quickly /b RP or skip - reason why there was a sloppy-easy out of RP (which kills off RP for Fire Department & Police Department/Sheriff's), its because there is no enforcement on that, if there was some temp-engine-death , that'd force people to call in FD / contact mechanical depo. 

Even during police pursuit, suspects end up crashing into objects while going 40-60 m/ph - and they just keep on going, and reporting them and all that takes time and many times there is an excuse "not on my screen" - at least with a system that registers players speed/impact - that'd enforce the role-play to be done properly. Lots of people might get mad at this suggestion, but its necessary - to prevent any conflicts and force people to take driving / crash role-play seriously.

And yea, totaling would be neat - if your car been in few major car accidents, your car would be done for it - unless you'd get yourself new engine (proper mechanical system).

I remember few month ago, we had bunch of pursuits on same people - and reason why they did it, its because they didn´t lose anything and there was no /consequence/ feeling...and it gets frustrating sometimes.

16 minutes ago, Karl_Hoover said:

I'd love to see the vehicle-die out when individual had a powerful impact. We had this issue on SA:MP, where we got people crashing into each other and than quickly /b RP or skip - reason why there was a sloppy-easy out of RP (which kills off RP for Fire Department & Police Department/Sheriff's), its because there is no enforcement on that, if there was some temp-engine-death , that'd force people to call in FD / contact mechanical depo. 

Even during police pursuit, suspects end up crashing into objects while going 40-60 m/ph - and they just keep on going, and reporting them and all that takes time and many times there is an excuse "not on my screen" - at least with a system that registers players speed/impact - that'd enforce the role-play to be done properly. Lots of people might get mad at this suggestion, but its necessary - to prevent any conflicts and force people to take driving / crash role-play seriously.

And yea, totaling would be neat - if your car been in few major car accidents, your car would be done for it - unless you'd get yourself new engine (proper mechanical system).

I remember few month ago, we had bunch of pursuits on same people - and reason why they did it, its because they didn´t lose anything and there was no /consequence/ feeling...and it gets frustrating sometimes.

You're failing to realize how fucked up the desync is here and how badly the vehicle totaling and damage system would work. There's no way this would work properly with the current RAGE sync.