Stealing Vehicles and /FixVeh

Message added by Vindicator,

Keep the suggestion on topic to the suggestion. Comments that derail the thread or violate the common courtesty rule from this point on will be met with warnings. 

It's a tale as old as time.  But I do think it should be restricted somewhat, as it is basically destroying taxi rp, passenger numbers for the buses as well.

I think taxi rp in particular has so much to offer when done right.  It's a great way to meet people you wouldn't normally meet and can offer good roleplay, again when done right, it's accessible and interesting for both old and new roleplayers.  But I know personally how soul destroying it is being sat waiting or trying to make rp with people in the street, when others aren't really interested in talking to the random taxi man.

15 minutes ago, Jolagh said:

It's a tale as old as time.  But I do think it should be restricted somewhat, as it is basically destroying taxi rp, passenger numbers for the buses as well.

personally i dont see what's realistic about having to catch a taxi back to the area u logged off at hours before just because u accidentally spawned at ur house, how'd ur char get to hishouse, but his car is on the other side of the city? did he walk?

not to mention that your average taxi ride, if you roleplay interacting with the driver, costs upwards of 1k, and fuck that. I'm not wasting 1k when I can just get my car tped to the location it'd realistically be at instead.

Edited by Xantholic
1 hour ago, Xantholic said:

personally i dont see what's realistic about having to catch a taxi back to the area u logged off at hours before just because u accidentally spawned at ur house, how'd ur char get to hishouse, but his car is on the other side of the city? did he walk?

not to mention that your average taxi ride, if you roleplay interacting with the driver, costs upwards of 1k, and fuck that. I'm not wasting 1k when I can just get my car tped to the location it'd realistically be at instead.

Firstly admin can help in the event that you spawn in the wrong area by accident.   Secondly, certainly at the player owned businesses it is a flat rate that is charged, not via the meter.  I would suggest you just got unlucky with your taxi drivers.

The reality is that /fixveh is a useful command when used for the right purposes, but it is abused and we all know it.

Edited by Jolagh

Only thing I can imagine that could fix this is: 
1. Always spawn in where you last logged out
2. Always leave the cars spawned in as well, even after server restarts and sort of just have them "parked"
I can only use MTA/San Andreas Owlgaming as an example where you always spawned in where you last logged off and your car always stayed where you last parked it, even after server restarts. The cars had a "handbrake" function that would sorta freeze your car in place and saved the location of it at the same time, this would also prevent it from bugging or "falling under the map" because it was frozen in place. So when you logged back in the next day and your car was gone, you knew it was definitely stolen and you could track it with a GPS Tracker (i believe, not too sure). The condition of the car was also saved, aka the "health points", so if it was fucked, it'd stay like that until you got it repaired. 
Now I don't know if this would be possible on GTA W, just because of the whole server performance probably going to shit if all of the 15+ cars some characters have on this server are spawned in. But if it were, this would probably be the best way to fix the issue with /fixveh. If your vehicle was stolen, well you're fucked. 

On 2/13/2024 at 11:10 AM, Jolagh said:

Firstly admin can help in the event that you spawn in the wrong area by accident.   Secondly, certainly at the player owned businesses it is a flat rate that is charged, not via the meter.  I would suggest you just got unlucky with your taxi drivers.

The reality is that /fixveh is a useful command when used for the right purposes, but it is abused and we all know it.

What you call as abuse is really not that big of a deal. I Would rather use the command instead of wasting admins' time in a report just to get me or my car teleported when /fixveh already does it for me.

Edited by Padex