Two types of info markers

Separate info markers into two different types. I am suggesting this because 95% of the info markers I have seen are always ads, making me ignore them in advance just as I ignore ads IRL. This type of behavior put all the other RP scenes that are marked with info markers into a bad position.:

1. [YELLOW] Low priority - posters, ads, flyers and whatnot.

2. [ORANGE] Higher priority - everything else that are not ads.

• Upvote 4
12 hours ago, Wolfess said:

But instead of colours, keeping to the question mark for low priority and using exclamation mark for higher. Easier to spot a symbol than a colour.

This would work too. Admins should have their own special info marker for crucial OOC information when it comes to events and whatnot.

Would be awesome if posters instead used poster objects, you could position them with furni system. And you could open them from a distance (mouse over or look at object, press K)

Idk, I look at most infomarkers/cims I walk by. Because behind almost all of them are events and roleplay, its one of the most immersive ways to get notified about events in the city and it's 100% consumable ingame. It also contributes to the city feeling more alive imo. That said I also put up poster cims myself and know there can be a lot of effort behind events or businesses. 

Being annoyed you have to walk over a marker, dunno don't come to the events later when you are bored oocly, you might have to interact?

posters and ads are roleplay information, myself I rather enjoy if it's something interesting for my character, like an event or service (ads). Opposed some *the car window was broken!* (car not mine, car not even there) which is fine too of course. Not bothered by any of them, and if I'm not curious or cba oocly I don't look. Doesn't bother me. Not going to miss some mega vital info.

If it's inside a rp venue I always try to look. And tbh you can guess with pretty high probability if it's an ad, menu, info etc based on where it's placed.

Put any colors you like, a rainbow colored flashing one that grows in size until you walk over it would be good for ads I think, would make the most sense. If you walk away from it you slowly loose hitpoints maybe?