Media RP Improvements - LEO Radio / 911 dispatch

4 minutes ago, Timzii said:

I'd much rather them very limited access to 911 calls rather than faction's radios, if we even have to go down this route. I'm pretty sure nearly all legal factions disagreed to have this system in the past, and I don't see this changing.

If media have 911 access then it's viable to have  the factions dispatch radio in-game. The dispatch radio works two ways, 911 information is provided to LEOs, LEOs report back about responding and such.

Here are some of the imgur flicks from journalists / stringers devices taken from the show Shot in the Dark. They showcase that he has the ability to switch between multiple agencies. Dude even has a device that showcases the entire history of the Fire/EMS dispatch with what units responded to what, basically like a CAD.

I ask the serious question, if it is realistic and doesn't hurt anyone, why would you want to stop other players from something that is plausible and improves their experience on the server?

Spoiler

bvWxZG1.pngQNhjXN7.pngLJMZlku.pngPlzdOEf.pngSX13BEV.png

11 minutes ago, Lomadias said:

Stringing can be hours of nothing, which is realistic IRL but in game it takes the fun out, so anything to simulate dispatch so we can RP that is dope. I had made a request before based on a limited /911 view which does not show name, number etc but only a location or something would be huge.

No TAC, no TS, nothing more than a brief byte of info to get somewhere. If that's a radio channel for dispatch that can be roleplayed as a police scanner that would be cool, but I'd request it is ONLY given to specific ranks in a faction and not anyone. We don't need accountants hearing about dispatch calls.

I am against getting too much info. Investigative journalism is fun and we can RP with units for details.

Maybe something similar to the mechanic job? But instead of it saying someone needs a mechanic it could be the location of an accident. 
The caller can be set to say something else as well such as "Police Scanner" or maybe even "Emergency Scanner" to include non-LEO related calls too and it can be chained together with 911 calls 

Either way, I am all for this +1 from me. ❤️

• Thanks 2

just a reminder - the in game XMR stations that are "simulating" police radio for a background noise are using pretty much the same technology that is being talked about here, you guys are basically listening to live lapd/sd dispatch freq feed

its kind of obvious that most of police frequencies are open for the public to listen to but i feel like it has to be stated somewhere in this topic Los Angeles County California Live Audio Feeds (broadcastify.com) - its funny as for most of them you dont even need to live around the area or have any professional gear, ppl are transmitting it online)

Edited by lexiz
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Peat said:

If media have 911 access then it's viable to have  the factions dispatch radio in-game. The dispatch radio works two ways, 911 information is provided to LEOs, LEOs report back about responding and such.

Here are some of the imgur flicks from journalists / stringers devices taken from the show Shot in the Dark. They showcase that he has the ability to switch between multiple agencies. Dude even has a device that showcases the entire history of the Fire/EMS dispatch with what units responded to what, basically like a CAD.

I ask the serious question, if it is realistic and doesn't hurt anyone, why would you want to stop other players from something that is plausible and improves their experience on the server?

Reveal hidden contents

bvWxZG1.pngQNhjXN7.pngLJMZlku.pngPlzdOEf.pngSX13BEV.png

Them having 911 access would be generous enough as it is, as long as caller ID is hidden alongside the ID of the call.

Realism card could be put on just about any subject on this server yet 90% of them still don't make sense. If nearly all the factions were against giving radio access to media factions, then why would you think this would change now? I can see this ruining LEO's roleplay more, especially the people who do undercover work and such, and still have to update their location and status via the main channel. 

In the end, I'm sure the faction leaders of LEO factions would happily comment their thoughts on this here.

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

I can see this ruining LEO's roleplay more, especially the people who do undercover work and such, and still have to update their location and status via the main channel. 

I don't see how this would be a factor honestly, the point is to get access to useful information. If some Detective is calling themself Code 6 on a coffee break we're not gonna pull up and start spying on them. That's called harassment. 😂

"We're not out here to catch the next Rodney King, but if they want to be Rodney King, that's on them" - Some famous Stringer from a Netflix show

58 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Them having 911 access would be generous enough as it is, as long as caller ID is hidden alongside the ID of the call.

Realism card could be put on just about any subject on this server yet 90% of them still don't make sense. If nearly all the factions were against giving radio access to media factions, then why would you think this would change now? I can see this ruining LEO's roleplay more, especially the people who do undercover work and such, and still have to update their location and status via the main channel. 

In the end, I'm sure the faction leaders of LEO factions would happily comment their thoughts on this here.

im not trying to argue your claim as i see the point you're making here, but i wouldn't call it the favourite gtaw players manouver of pulling a realism card because thats something we're pretty much able to do IC (at least as far as I know, i take it for granted that radio scanners do exist in our universe) but we can't on OOC level because of the current game limitations

/edit
its kind of a simillar situation as the card skimmers were some time ago, people were roleplaying it without being able to do that via script and we pretty much do the same with what we can get off the ATC info, giving us anything would just be a major quality of life improvement for everyone involved

still, i believe there would be no one complaining if we'd get just the 911 calls alone as it would be a MAJOR improvement compared to what we have right now, having police freqs is just a dream-like situation for our side to resolve that issue

Edited by lexiz
5 minutes ago, Peat said:

I don't see how this would be a factor honestly, the point is to get access to useful information. If some Detective is calling themself Code 6 on a coffee break we're not gonna pull up and start spying on them. That's called harassment. 😂

"We're not out here to catch the next Rodney King, but if they want to be Rodney King, that's on them" - Some famous Stringer from a Netflix show

If the information was harmless and not supposed to be confidential to a degree, then the faction leaderships would've probably agreed with it the last time. I disagree with you and still think the main channel should be off limits. Nothing stops you from befriending a cop and squeezing information out of them or asking for updates or active scenes. You're free to be of different thoughts of course.

2 minutes ago, lexiz said:

im not trying to argue your claim as i see the point you're making here, but i wouldn't call it the favourite gtaw players manouver of pulling a realism card because thats something we're pretty much able to do IC (at least as far as I know, i take it for granted that radio scanners do exist in our universe) but we can't on OOC level because of the current game limitations

I understand that, but sadly we're all limited due to game scripts in one way or another. Even if something is possible in real life, it sometimes shouldn't be the case ingame. Media outlets having access to these channels is one of them in my opinion.

I want to provide this to showcase you the pain we currently endure with our eyes, staring at maps constantly trying to pinpoint which of the million roads the helicopter might be hovering over.

POV you join a media faction in 2023 and have to use an AIR traffic control radar to navigate the GROUND:

image.png?ex=659deef1&is=658b79f1&hm=17aimage.png?ex=659deee3&is=658b79e3&hm=418

+1.

We've been operating the Los Santos Insider for just under a year now, and I cannot express how much the suggested would drastically increase many factors. Not only the quality of journalism roleplay, but making it more interactive.. realistic.. and gives media RP something much more than driving around for 2-3 hours a day, praying for a scene, and end up missing it.

This idea was brought up in the past, so hopefully this does go somewhere. It would, again, /drastically/ increase the quality of roleplay for Official Media Factions and make them much more appealing in a way.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
  • Reece? locked this topic