Modpacks in 2023

gang enthusiast

37 minutes ago, chocomint said:

if only it was that easy...

It's quite easy once you know what you're doing 3D wise and also the RAGE side of modding, aka archivefix, having a good DLC structure and all that. It's not impossible to adjust/change mods, sure some might take more work than others, depending on how they've been done but I don't see how it is such a hard thing to do. I get it, RAGE modding is a whole different beast compared to SAMP (trust me, I had to lean this whole modding scene without much help or tutorials around so I know it's not as easy to make a mod from scratch), but that doesn't mean it's no possible.

I don't understand why would someone be in the modding team if they can only do retextures, then that's how we get in this situation, where female mods are 90% sims stolen mods and converted to RAGE, and the male mods are limited and goofy looking, I don't know who decided that the IKEA children rug would be a great idea to add as a hoodie and a pair of pants, but that person should be fired. If you have a couple of modders that know how to make a mod from scratch aka modelling, UV mapping, texturing, rigging and fully implementing the mod to GTA 5 / RAGE, then you're all sorted and things can be implemented with time.

The players also need to understand that making a mod from scratch it does take some time and it's a lot of trial and error based on each clothing item, some of them are easier to make and rig, some are not. In my opinion, I'd say the modding team needs to have a revamp and have someone that's actually looking out for modders and checks in with them, rather than ignoring people that want to work for free just out of their passion for this server.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Arez said:

It's quite easy once you know what you're doing 3D wise and also the RAGE side of modding, aka archivefix, having a good DLC structure and all that. It's not impossible to adjust/change mods, sure some might take more work than others, depending on how they've been done but I don't see how it is such a hard thing to do. I get it, RAGE modding is a whole different beast compared to SAMP (trust me, I had to lean this whole modding scene without much help or tutorials around so I know it's not as easy to make a mod from scratch), but that doesn't mean it's no possible.

I don't understand why would someone be in the modding team if they can only do retextures, then that's how we get in this situation, where female mods are 90% sims stolen mods and converted to RAGE, and the male mods are limited and goofy looking, I don't know who decided that the IKEA children rug would be a great idea to add as a hoodie and a pair of pants, but that person should be fired. If you have a couple of modders that know how to make a mod from scratch aka modelling, UV mapping, texturing, rigging and fully implementing the mod to GTA 5 / RAGE, then you're all sorted and things can be implemented with time.

The players also need to understand that making a mod from scratch it does take some time and it's a lot of trial and error based on each clothing item, some of them are easier to make and rig, some are not. In my opinion, I'd say the modding team needs to have a revamp and have someone that's actually looking out for modders and checks in with them, rather than ignoring people that want to work for free just out of their passion for this server.

i am going to disagree on some points:
modding isn't only clothes, there are aspects that regular players won't even notice and yet falls under fucking around with the ragemp engine by itself. everyone can do retextures, but, making retextures that are optimized enough for ragemp? not a lot of people can.

there isn't much we can't do about the stolen crap converted from the sims, they aren't our mods and as a modder i do not plan on fixing people's stupidity... and even if I wanted to fix their stuff? half of them clearly doesn't allow us to edit their models, even with or without credits. 

but I will tell you what I love to say that anyone who is willing to make a change : consider applying, if you wish to actually change something for the server and the players.

some of your points though are totally valid, we need more and more people that are willing to put in work

• Upvote 1

in modders defense, modding in general is a pain in the ass
plus, people who do offer clothing for mod packs, they give you some crazy 4k textures, they have to compress them to add them
its either compressed mods, but people complain about it or insane texture loss and crashing, modders can't win

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Jax said:

plus, people who do offer clothing for mod packs, they give you some crazy 4k textures, they have to compress them to add them
its either compressed mods, but people complain about it or insane texture loss and crashing, modders can't win

this explained in a single image
image.png?ex=657b0b08&is=65689608&hm=b65

image.png?ex=657b0b08&is=65689608&hm=7ec

image.png?ex=657b0b08&is=65689608&hm=397

and yet this is like half the stuff that is getting suggested, and the other half doesn't have any LODs.

(refer to https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/10724/why-lods-are-important to understand why we need LODs so much)

2 minutes ago, Jax said:

https://www.patreon.com/TideFN

I could offer low poly, lore friendly mods and you guys would still somehow find a way to ignore and not add it. 

Who on the modding team added the "ikea children rug" hoodie and pants or whatever tf it is when the current clothing is already struggling? its jokes atp.

Males rn who aren't roleplaying a mexican in LA or a white have

3 decent shoes, 2 decent jeans, 1 pair of shorts and 0 hair mods.

N lets say Nervous cared and paid u guys, how many of you would actually be able to even do the work in the first place? be fr

All you guys have done is complain about "critera", well then make the clothing or at bare minimum the hair mods yourselves.

You guys apply to be server janitors and agree to work for free yet hold some type of victims mentality when the work isn't actually being done and get called out for it.

Only on GTAW in 2023 ppl still have to use client sided mods.

Partially becauase no ones really trying to work for free and partially cus 90% of you current modders probably couldn't even do the work in the first place.

how many more pd / ems liveries until y'all start working on some better clothing and hair mods for the server to benefit from.

• Upvote 10
  • Applaud 1