[LSVIXEN] Bar Review: Diving into Games at 'The Diving Board Pub'  (3/5)

R2gYSPn.jpg

The hottest tea, the spiciest gossip, the fiercest commentary

and no fucking censorship. We are the Los Santos VIXEN.
Hope you've been doing your kegels, babe.

Letter from the editor: Sis, stop reading the story and BE the story.

Submit your gossip to our handy and under-fucking-utilized gossip submission form. Chop chop. 

Also Like, Subscribe, Share, is this your first time online?  Click HERE ! LSVIXEN XOXO ❤️  

Bar Review: Diving into Games at 'The Diving Board Pub'  (3/5)

ETUcskM.png

(Located under the Del Perro Pier)

Rating: 💋💋💋

Curious about the rating scale and what it means? Read more HERE

Soooo babes, I totally got a day job, but fear not. It does not mean I'm abandoning my tireless mission of serving you up the hottest reviews, gossip, and spicy spots to get nasty. On the contrary, cuties, I'm now just like you. A working stiff. A nine-to-fiver. So after a hard days work I wanted nothing more than a cold beer and chill vibes. That's when I found this little spot nestled underneath the Del Perro Pier. Here's my review of The Diving Board Pub.

Enjoy!

A platform for local bands? Sweet! 🎸

WGRDeeb.png

(The entrance on the right is right next to the stage and jukebox.)

The first, first, first thing you notice when you walk in is the stage to the right of the entrance. Immediately my mind filled up with images of cute old retirees forming cover bands for bands like Phish or local college students cutting their teeth on some original material for the first time at this unassuming locale. A more pretentious version of me would be off-put by untested bands in a dive bar, but Los Santos has changed me, babes. I love the idea that performers can express themselves in such a warm and cozy environment. I like this and I'll be keeping an eye out for local performances.

Arcade machines and makeshift tables. 👁️‍🗨️

efa93BP.png

(A view of the arcade machines and 'creative' table setups.)

We'll get to more fun and games later, but for starters, I love arcade games and can get kinda sucked in, so I was happy to see these to the left of the entrance when I walked in. My only teensy weensy anxiety was that as a clumsy gal, a real clonker, a bumper and a booper, a disorientation express if you will the barrel/pallet combo tables get me nervous that I'm gonna knock stuff over. Also I was nervous I'd get splinters. I don't know if this is an aesthetic choice or if the owner's are going through a tough time financially but I'm totally down to donate some sturdy wooden tables. 

If only to prevent my dummy thicc and clumsy ass from knocking them over while jamming out to the classic rock streaming from the speakers.

The drinks, crowd, and the main bar! 💿

DPHPzP8.png

(The main floor of The Diving Board Pub.)

After work crowd alert! It's the usual mix of blue collar workers, leather jackety dudes, and nice locals all trying to mellow out after their respectively tricky days in the above-ground world. I like crowds like this when I'm tired. Just nice people shooting the shit, taking zero bullshit, and getting themselves properly sloshed after a long day. Also of note was a gentleman in a Los Santos Panic jacket! We're all pretty hyped about the Panic these days. So cool to see that hype trickle down even under the pier. 

As for drinks, the price point is pretty normal I guess. Two hundred for a Corona. I will say further south at Vespucci Community Center they sell Miller Lites for like 60 to 80 bucks so I'm unsure if VCP is just a really low-priced dive-bar or if The Diving Board Pub is just a little pricier than your average after work dive. EIther way, probably worth mentioning.

The dress code is whatever you were wearing that day. Nobody cares. Just be comfy and happy. 

More games, games, games, games!! 🎮

NxlLO0L.png

dtn2kC0.png

(Slots and Billiards, fab ways to burn a paycheck.)

Fuckity fuck fuck yes! Gambling and beer after work are a killer and dangerous combo. I tried my hands at the slot machine and managed to both lose and win one thousand dollars. By the time I hit my last spin on the slots, my beer was almost gone and my mind smoothed over from a rough week. A glance at the Billiards table also filled me with imaginings of locals hustling each-other for a few low stakes games of pool and earning back their drink money through strategic savvy. 

Love to see it.

ALL IN ALL

It's a pub, babes. You get what you expect. Beer. Games. The prospect of live music. And no judgement. That's all we can really ask for from a pub, y'know? If it gets too fancy, it gets pretentious and awkward. If it's too low-grade, it starts attracting sleazeballs. In this case, traveling the middle course served them well. 

An excellent after work drink. Plus you can walk the pier after and watch the sunset. And that's a super-duper fucking cute feature.

Happy drinking.

XOXO, 

4XNeBSX.png

DISCLAIMER

Spoiler

LS Vixen's (bitch ass) Disclaimer

The LS Vixen is a satire, parody, commentary, critique, news reporting and scholarly web publication, which may or may not use actual names often in quasi-real and/or fictitious narration. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians, celebrities and/or other personalities that are critiqued and/or commented upon, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

>Comments are enabled! 

Username:
Comment:

Edited by Al-Malikah