Struggling as a Black American role player in GTAW

1 minute ago, Gamble said:

Would love to see a black OCG faction. Unfortunately, every black street gang in South Central ends up as a DM faction.

This shit is laughable to me because nobody says this about any of the 10 Sureno gangs that open and close a month, can't speak English aside from saying fuck n#### and that they're crip killers. 

• Upvote 14
  • Applaud 1

Black factions have always had the reputation of being noobier because they always tend to attract newer roleplayers (this has always been the case for over a decade, not much you can do)

It's pretty simple

1) Player joins server, no idea how to really roleplay

2) Player wants to roleplay a criminal, only knows about black street gangs because that's what's dominant in popular culture

3) Player joins street gang already composed of people who went through the first 2 steps

4) Nooby ass faction exists that serves only to find thinly veiled excuses to get into shootouts

5) If the player eventually becomes a better roleplayer, he'll stop associating with black street gangs due to his bad experiences

That's not to say Hispanic street gangs aren't the same, because I'd argue they can easily be worse, since it's where people who are more adept at skirting by the rules tend to end up (I have no idea why, but it's been the case since the other server) and so while a shit black street gang will fall apart in 2 weeks or a couple of months, the Hispanic street gang will last for ages while being, arguably, just as bad.

Not to mention this server generally doesn't do much to support gang RP in general and in fact mostly frowns upon it. I agree that it's a really sad state of affairs because it's always been my preferred avenue of RP but I don't know what could be done to change the situation other than just joining and trying to up the standards of a faction by yourself (herculean effort) or making your own faction, which is pretty tough considering you'll probably no allies since there's 50 skinhead gangs and 30 sureno sets who's most used word is mayate, and recruitment is hard since I've noticed there's not really a steady flow of new black characters like there used to be back in the day.

Plus good luck getting guns to even defend yourself from all these hostile factions with, which means that you're asking your members to go in game to inevitably get farmed for bad forum screenshots like a trash mob in an MMO.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
  • Upvote 11
2 hours ago, Bandit. said:

Get more Americans in IFM and I’m sure you’ll see it change. Can’t expect people who don’t have the real life experience to know what they’re doing when it comes to all gang life. Best of luck and hope it changes for y’all!

Never going to happen unfortunately. Its a similar frustration I have with LFM. Playerbase is dominated by Europeans so is the Admin team. And people whether explicitly or implicitly show bias towards their own group so the more Europeans you see in leadership that is who is going to get any of the open leadership spots. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Gamble said:

Would love to see a black OCG faction. Unfortunately, every black street gang in South Central ends up as a DM faction.

Both factions have not been in a DM war since inception and have been up for months operating in south central, it's the stigma that demotivates people more than anything else, people just see black RP as "bad" without doing any research or following the good aspects of it and just jump to conclusions based on the one or two bad interactions they had and OOC factors like blatant racism if we're being honest. Mexican and White RP get into conflicts all the time but people could care less.

Edited by grimlin
  • Upvote 12

It's absurd to me that you guys are saying black factions are 'DM' factions, some of my best interactions over the past few months were with Madd Swans, and I didn't get shot once (even though I arrested them countless times). The bias is blatantly clear but the culture in the black scene is also to blame somewhat, certain individuals have plagued the scene and ruined it with their horrible mentality. 

For example:

There are several white roleplay suppliers, mostly skinheads, which will never supply black factions, let's be honest.

There are several Sureno roleplayers that have suppliers, they also aren't going to supply black factions. 

There's a handful of black suppliers but it just isn't enough, the scene has been neglected for too long. Another thing that irks me is the lack of mods for black roleplayers, there aren't any. There isn't one single decent black hair on the entire server and very few clothes. I myself hate roleplaying with people who have mods in because if you take screenshots they are going to come out looking goofy. 

-

You can't just blame the admins either though, longevity in black factions is something that needs to improve. People just jump ship every few weeks from faction to faction when another one opens, completely abandoning their previous concept. I would love to see more love shown to black roleplay and a mentality shift within players in the scene as well. 

• Upvote 17
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

I've noticed that black factions pay a fuck ton more to get their guns in comparison to others, which is obviously an OOC thing if you're making them pay 100k for a single rifle. 

I've been in several black gang facs and literally never seen this unless ur exagerating a little for effect. They pay actual suppliers the same as any other supplier, your friend probably got ripped off by some random.

The two guys above me summed up everything else I was gonna say perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

They're usually DM factions or die off due to a new faction with a better known lead popping up that every flocks to. This isn't the case with all of them of course, but it's a minor reason why the don't last long imo. 

I've noticed that black factions pay a fuck ton more to get their guns in comparison to others, which is obviously an OOC thing if you're making them pay 100k for a single rifle. IFM has always been mix response on every level though, so good luck seeing a change for the better.

as one of the two or three factions that supply back gangs directly this is also false, the most profit I make from selling guns is 20-30k per drop, the prices I sell them at are seen as comical to most people, even other suppliers, you're talking about non suppliers who sell guns for absurd prices which happens in all sectors of RP, it's harder to see with white and mexican gangs since they have a surplus of guns.

Edited by grimlin
  • Upvote 2