Disallow K9 sniffing the player during a stop

liq
Message added by george?,

Just a friendly reminder that these kinds of topics only work when all parties involved remain courteous and respectful. Attempts to derail the thread will result in the content being hidden and a warning issued.

Thank you.

-  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ZaE said:

I will send you the ones I have now. If you wanna see some for yourself just spectate me in game for 15 minutes near a police scene 馃槀 You鈥檙e bound to catch a stray subliminal racist /me

I am not talking about in-character. I'm saying OOC. 90% of this entire community that isn't involved in gang roleplay is probably racist and it shows through your roleplay around black characters, the subliminal /me's, /do's, etc.

Family if you see any of that from PD K9, shoot me a PM.

20 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Lmao is this a joke?

This is as silly as me making a thread demanding that /masks are removed because it's unfair how easy it is to escape prosecution on this server due to masks. What a ridiclous

proposition.

You may as well ask for LFM to take away LEOs guns.

Yes, that's how interdiction RP works. If cops' only role on the server is to respond to shootings we may as well shut it down.

not really what I was hinting at but.. sure?

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Freed0m said:

Making the dog script sniff the car & occupants in one /sniffcar command is a good addition for both sides. Especially if it doesn't give any names in chat like it does when we have to run it on everybody individually. It'd be more fair (and fun) to have that part be figured out IC rather than the script kinda just oocly giving that information.

i'm pretty sure that liq is talking about the script and not when & why a canine should actually be deployed聽馃拃

Yes, I updated the OP. It was in this section initially because I was under the impression the area sniff covers everything scriptwise. It was clarified to me that this isn't the case.

@kruga聽same energy on the above if you bothered to conprehend what you're reading.

45 minutes ago, frost. said:

Let me ask you this LEO roleplayers, what are the reasons you can sniff?

I can bet you there's been more than a hundred of scenarios where K9s have been used for the stupidest reasons, people are saying "well don't give us a reason to use K9!!"

Wow man, if only it was that easy. People like roleplaying criminals, so they get caught, but I highly doubt IRL that every time someone comes out of jail from a gun charge, they got a K9 licking their ass and stuffing their nose into their anus to see if they smell a gun.

But I could be wrong, but hey... What are the reasons you can use a K9? What sort of scenarios? K9s have been a problem for a hot minute, people have been vocal about it.

Please!

• Upvote 2
Just now, amphetamine said:

Out of all the dumb comments you win the award.聽

Carrying a gun -- being immune to K-9 sniffs?聽 Bro this is a roleplay server not a RPG.

That's what OP is asking for, you're self reporting on cheating during your server application if you didn't comprehend the simple English in the OP.

5 minutes ago, ZaE said:

I will send you the ones I have now. If you wanna see some for yourself just spectate me in game for 15 minutes near a police scene 馃槀 You鈥檙e bound to catch a stray subliminal racist /me

Hey, I get that this is probably going to be considered hearsay but I have seen this myself. It was a few years ago, but I did see one person who was RPing an Italian PD character straight up call someone the N-Word but did it in "Italian" so it wasn't taken IC.

4 minutes ago, Kari said:

I'm genuinely confused as to how this point is involved in this discussion at all.

When LEOs share methods used, they are often metagamed - not even always on purpose. When I played a criminal, it was ALWAYS in the back of my head; "oh, they stopped chasing me because of (x)." This knowledge can be weaponized by simply being aware of it, and it does take effort to ignore it or not act upon it once it is known. Not sharing the SPECIFICS of what people do that results in a sniff is not combative, or a lack of communication - it's kept secret because communicating it would result in people explicitly not doing said things, in a manner that negates their character's knowledge.

More communication would always be a benefit, I just don't think this is a case of lack of communication. I don't think people are entitled to the release of internal rules, guidelines, and manuals in the name of "ooc transparency". (This is not to say IC pursuants of these materials would be bad; with the upcoming sunshine act, a route may exist to do just that!)聽

Again - I'm not saying the issue of P2W lands on any specific side of the fence, and it's definitely not directed at you, but I'm really confused as to how not openly disclosing exactly how criminals could avoid K9 sniffs has anything to do with two-sided trust (specifically, with the quality of roleplay), trust that is frequently broken on BOTH sides by far more pressing issues. If a manual is needed to be cross-referenced to determine if roleplay is of a good enough quality, I think something has gone horribly wrong.

I understand the point that if you knew the regulations, you could more accurately refute them - but I don't think that holds weight. If you get told exactly what you did wrong, of course it's easier to argue why you didn't do that. At the end of the day, it's.. kinda IC. I don't think the solution is an OOC discussion on how your character made a mistake. LFM and PD Staff take misuse of scripts very seriously, and seemingly - very few reports are filed on these issues. Genuinely, in the interest of everyone, if you see someone abusing their privileges, report it.聽

I get that I'm not entitled to it or that it can potentially be metagamed, but that's not the point. Shouldn't we trust each other to roleplay correctly and have OOC methods like player reports and disputes be a last resort? I really do not like going OOC on things, but at the same time it's really confusing when an LEO seemingly invents a reason to fuck with you IC and you end up doing a week in TTCF and your only recourse is to through an overwhelmed court system that could potentially drag on for a month or two. I would prefer being able to trust the people who have the authority to stop me roleplaying for the weekend because I get tossed in TTCF Pod B (purgatory) because they saw * hides a weapon over my head before I pulled over and they conveniently decide to search my vehicle.

These situations I have described are not hearsay, and are things I have experienced in the past few days. I am constantly getting pulled over despite driving legally and it always escalates to a "step out of the vehicle for me" to the point where it seems that the only way to avoid it is to constantly evade, which I'd rather not do because I like RPing with LEOs at traffic stops. I just don't like when every single one of these situations ends with a search or an arrest while I'm trying to drive to the store to buy an MP3 player lol.

Calling it overwhelmed isn't much of an exaggeration either. I had a case thrown out recently simply because it was missed. I imagine it happens a lot. I never like to assume that when I'm RPing with someone that they are trying to be rude or using their position to their advantage but when a traffic stop over vehicle tints turns into a "step out of the vehicle" every time you dare to drive your car it gets a bit annoying. Again, I understand that as an LEO you are only roleplaying your concept when you do this (not saying that you specifically do this, speaking somewhat generally) but it does feel like every interaction is combative and it gets a bit exhausting.

• Upvote 2
Just now, OkLibrarian said:

That's what OP is asking for, you're self reporting on cheating during your server application if you didn't comprehend the simple English in the OP.

You need to take a break from the internet if you're this pressed about someone trying to take away an OP script feature from you.聽 I get it that you guys over at PD love your K9s very dearly ever since the unit's inception, as it has been proven over the years, but please, do yourself a favor and relax brother.

• Upvote 2

Topic is focused on the wrong aspect of the issue. K9 can sniff the occupants. The issue is that K9 sniff should be performed when there is reasonable suspicion such as;

1. The registered owner has gun/drug related charges in record.
  2. Car is seen fleeing from a crime scene.
  3. Occupants are masked, wearing gloves.
  • Upvote 2

This is how it goes during a traffic stop...

1. The registered owner has gun/drug related charges in record.
  2. They either call for more back up in which K9 responds or K9 already initiated the traffic stop.
  3. They do the roleplay where they ask for the license bla bla.
  4. Spot the prior for guns or drugs.
  5. "Wow dude, ha-ha, you got anything on you that you shouldn't have?"
  6. "No? Okay man, why don't you sit tight" **Proceeds to bring out the woofer and sniff sniff.** /PANIC CODE BLACK GUN DETECTED
  7. Or... "Wow man, you got a prior... Let me go ahead and call back up." **K9 backup comes and proceeds to bring out the woofer and sniff sniff.** "Sir, please step out of the four wheels vehicle you are in!"

That's typically how it goes, that's what people are pissed off about. I've asked the question before, even quoted myself.

What are the reasons you can use a K9? What sort of scenarios? K9s have been a problem for a hot minute, people have been vocal about it.

• Upvote 4