Disable vehicle drive-by

Connor

29 minutes ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

so what the fuck are u getting from disabling drivebys? Not getting parked and shit on in traffic stops? nice one, you really thought about the WHOLE server there.

its never gonna be fixed because it's a ragemp bug, so that means there should never be drivebys? from 10 drivebys maybe 1 of them will have ONE shooter which will have silent bullets. And yes, if you didnt know it doesnt have anything to do with the car, it's the shooter who's wrong. It's been times where 3 of my friends said they couldnt hear my shots but i heard theirs perfectly.

people who doesnt shoot and does strictly legal rp all day shouldnt have a say in this suggestion as its likely theyre never gonna shoot a gun taking part in a driveby in their whole char's life.

not being rude, just saying that people who don't do drivebys shouldn't talk about shit thats driveby related as you wouldnt UNDERSTAND why its needed

Masterus brought up in the PD discord regarding it; he is working on a fix for it (general sync issues not just driveby). Unsure when he'll be able to fix it but he said hopefully will be fixing it soon.

Surely it's better to disable until that fix is made? Theres honestly no need to bring toxicity into this nor a "PD vs illegal" argument. I'm simply bringing up a known bug that causes problems for all parties.

Yes it affects cops more often cause it happens to us more often - I don't care about dying or losing, if I did? I would've reported it and had the scene voided; which I didn't, I roleplayed out my injuries accordingly and just posted this instead.

I get the need for drive-bying, but I'm not for the "middle finger guns" that come from it. Hence why I suggested this, then its fair for all parties involved, civilians, LEOs, criminals etc.

Just now, Connor said:

Masterus brought up in the PD discord regarding it; he is working on a fix for it (general sync issues not just driveby). Unsure when he'll be able to fix it but he said hopefully will be fixing it soon.

Surely it's better to disable until that fix is made? Theres honestly no need to bring toxicity into this nor a "PD vs illegal" argument. I'm simply bringing up a known bug that causes problems for all parties.

Yes it affects cops more often cause it happens to us more often - I don't care about dying or losing, if I did? I would've reported it and had the scene voided; which I didn't, I roleplayed out my injuries accordingly and just posted this instead.

I get the need for drive-bying, but I'm not for the "middle finger guns" that come from it. Hence why I suggested this, then its fair for all parties involved, civilians, LEOs, criminals etc.

There's a lot of things that are wrong/glitched with the server and you don't see them being removed until theyre fixed, theyre just glitched until fixed and thats it.

Driveby'ing is literally part of GTA 5, its been here for years even when sync and regular recoil was there, so there's no reason for it to be removed now.

By removing drivebys youre not just fixing an issue, youre creating larger ones by fucking up valuable roleplay and important roleplay around factions and stuff like that, I think you don't understand that.

Yeah if this server was a 100% legal RP server I wouldn't care about removing drivebys or anything related to gun violence, but crime specially driveby shootings are very important and used a lot for roleplay (specially shooting roleplay). For example a lot of Organized Crime factions tend to get on a bike and grab an automatic SMG when they're going to do a hit on somebody, but now tell me what they're supposed to after drivebys are removed. Are they supposed to pull up to the target, hop off, drop a /me (remember that there's shitty rules about scrolling weapons before hopping out of cars), kill the person, then give everybody else 5+ seconds (enough to start shooting somebody) where they're vulnerable (because theyre getting on/in their vehicle) and then fumble the whole hit? Good one there, and like I said earlier, you did a great job thinking about the whole server.

Don't take it to heart, I understand where you're coming from and I'm for SURE the first one to get angry when I die by silent bullets or middle fingers, believe that, but after all it's something WE ALL need just to play the server.

I hope you read all of this.

Just now, blanco leopardo said:

silent bullets can happen on foot too, -1

Yeah this too. I remember I was reported once because I shot a dude but he died from nothing, and when he showed me a clip I was hovering with nothing in my hand with a mere "reaches for a weapon" autogenerated /ame. 

Does this mean we also have to remove shooting & guns from the server? DANG IT!!!!!!

• Selena locked this topic