Remove the /ame for reaching for a weapon or change the duration displayed

Scheming

There will always be people, either intentionally or not, who will metagame the /ame. I’ve seen people shot over an unrelated /ame while at gun point solely because it’s associated with “x reaches for”. To me the animation is pretty clear, is theatrical as it is already. You don’t always see when someone pulls a gun, and that’s okay. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

There will always be people, either intentionally or not, who will metagame the /ame. I’ve seen people shot over an unrelated /ame while at gun point solely because it’s associated with “x reaches for”. To me the animation is pretty clear, is theatrical as it is already. You don’t always see when someone pulls a gun, and that’s okay. 

I always see someone in the animation unless they /sa.
No /ame needed. I see guns clear as day as I'm not blind and don't use a ridiculous stupid ENB that makes my game look a certain way then complain I can't see guns, and have to rely on an /ame despite mging to save my ass in a shootout.
You guys might as well add a reach for something for small melee weapons cause the same can be argued - it's extremely hard to see someone pull out brass knuckles but you can hear it and see it if you look at their hands and how the animation of punching is different.
Where's the /ame of pulling out our phones, fuck the types something. You might as well do an /ame reaches for something in their pocket or reaches for their phone or something.

Edited by Scheming

i dont understand why are you trying to target specific people here. you've stated the obvious, the situation got voided. shooting happened on the street, you flung across the floor (which made you reach for your gun), reached for a gun stood up and still had it. im not here to argue, just starting to think this is a targeted attack towards a specific crowd..

• Upvote 2

I would like to state that I am personally against this idea. Sometimes the animation breaks, bugs out or doesn't play. When that happens, the /ame is there to help us figure out if the player indeed pulled a weapon when no animation was played.

The /ame duration could be reduced if possible.

Edited by Thekillergreece
  • Upvote 1

Terrible suggestion, anyone who has been playing this server long enough knows that sometimes the animation doesn’t play out and it just looks like the ped retrieved their firearm from their sleeve like they’re playing Assassin’s Creed. 

Keep the /ame, it helps people figure out a lot more things down the line. If you remove it, you’re doing more harm than good.

• Upvote 3

-1, The system's in place incase the pulling animation bugs out or somehow doesn't play at all, there can also be times where people pull out their gun from far away ( but enough for me to see a /ame ) and they don't have a animation, it just appears in their hand, 

Let's say in a situation where it did get removed, now I can just pull out my gun, do /sa immediately to prevent the animation from playing, now the other party that I'm possibly about to rob / kill will have no idea that I even pulled out a gun cause no animation played for them.

Honestly the only issue with the current system I see with this is when you equip guns in your inventory it shows a /ame, that's just a irk such as me equipping a gun and then suddenly the resources load in properly for me to see four cops infront of me that obviously saw me pulling out my gun, they were cool with it though and knew I spawned in and didn't see them, but nothing that bothers me too much as I always spawn into a empty street / location

Edited by courtsides finest
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Scheming said:

Have you ever taken the time to watch the spoiler in which SD didn't see me take my gun out rather than the /ame lingering above my name and me bugging out sending me FLYING to the gate as I took damage on my HP and it was a different view on my POV but still gave me all headshots without a chance to roleplay?
The SD members sent their POV in, and it still got voided. Showing they MGed and DMed and got the situation voided - but as their LEO they get a slap on the wrist and let go.

This whole thread looks honestly more like you're complaining things didn't go your way.

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic