Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

Just now, Gallant said:

Idk what you guys are waffling about but they should let rangers patrol the hills like someone said.

why can't they? there's a lot of park areas around there already?

I saw one once up there when i was doing a stakeout on a person's house

3 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

Idk about you but my shitty irl house alarm triggers as soon as the glass expands in the heat on the windows and the doors shrink/expand in the heat(annoying as hell) it's extremely sensitive :'] and goes off with a big red tamper light. And that's just a non rich house alarm! I'd only imagine actual high end security would be even better!

Jesus tapdancing Christ on a cracker, we have a live one! Thank you! Someone with ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, when it comes to alarm systems.

Glassbreak alarms are sensitive to a fault, but for good reason. As annoying as it is to have to observe and report the dozens of false reports that we receive from one building alone in a single day, their sensitivity allows easy detection of intrusion through simple (we're talking entry-level stuff here) followup protocol that can be as easy as just waiting three seconds.

1 hour ago, Decker said:

Yeah man let's just rob some shithole that's falling apart instead of a house that actually looks like it might have something valuable inside. 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣

If you genuinely think a criminal would rather rob someone who's in the same poverty-stricken state as him over someone who actually has money, you know nothing about criminals or criminal activity, I'm sorry to say.

Lol

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Man, you're the only one saying it has to be the batcave to be effective, when real world alarm systems alone typically make breakins difficult to follow through on, and I know this from experience because I work with them professionally.

There's a reason security professionals laugh when the bad guy "cuts the phone lines" or "smashes a camera" especially in any depictions the modern era - these are the tactics of people that always get caught, these are the criminals that NEED outlandish plot armor just to get further than ten minutes into the movie.

...and you're rattling them off like you've literally got the screenplay in your hands, it's hilarious.

the fact that ur talking about movies when I'm talking about reality says it all man.

Just now, Decker said:

the fact that ur talking about movies when I'm talking about reality says it all man.

You're the one that started insisting on movie-level standards.

Realistically, most robberies against wealthy households end in the intruder either willingly leaving before they even get inside because they triggered the alarm, or being arrested because they didn't fully appreciate the practicality of even more simple home alarms when it comes to measurable security and safety. 

...but that's not something you have experience with mister Clancy, and I get that. Can't expect everyone to know the ins-and-outs of modern day security alarm technology. It's why most criminals get caught and arrested when they ignore them.

10 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

Idk about you but my shitty irl house alarm triggers as soon as the glass expands in the heat on the windows and the doors shrink/expand in the heat(annoying as hell) it's extremely sensitive :'] and goes off with a big red tamper light. And that's just a non rich house alarm! I'd only imagine actual high end security would be even better!

I did overnight news in my local area IRL for about a year. This entailed listening to dozens of police frequencies every minute of the hour. I can say with certainty that alarm calls like this come to the police several times an hour in big cities, sometimes several times per minute. The dispatcher often delegates a single unit, if not two to check out the situation and verify the property is secure. The only alarm-related calls that get full-fledged code three responses are ones in which: A: A panic button in a property has been pressed or B: The alarm company uses cameras to remotely view a property and confirm a burglary. I once responded to an armed robbery in progress in which the monitoring company witnessed a suspect pistol-whipping a cashier at a drive-through carryout and firing a gun into the ceiling. Needless to say, there were three dozen cruisers responding with their pedals to the floor.

TL:DR unmonitored alarms SUCK and produce more false positives than true positives. Only 24/7 monitored systems are truly effective.

Just now, DasFroggy said:

You're the one that started insisting on movie-level standards.

Realistically, most robberies against wealthy households end in the intruder either willingly leaving before they even get inside because they triggered the alarm, or being arrested because they didn't fully appreciate the practicality of even more simple home alarms when it comes to measurable security and safety. 

...but that's not something you have experience with mister Clancy, and I get that. Can't expect everyone to know the ins-and-outs of modern day security alarm technology. It's why most criminals get caught and arrested when they ignore them.

yeah it's not like i spent my teenage years jumping people's fences and stealing their things, i definitely don't know anything 🤣

1 hour ago, Decker said:

Yeah man let's just rob some shithole that's falling apart instead of a house that actually looks like it might have something valuable inside. 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣

If you genuinely think a criminal would rather rob someone who's in the same poverty-stricken state as him over someone who actually has money, you know nothing about criminals or criminal activity, I'm sorry to say.

People hit working class homes more than some rich house to be honest. Poor income, their own neighborhood as well. You shouldn't paint all groups of criminals as one selective group. There are cases of groups known to specifically rob their own neighborhood as a fear tactic. 

And just because someone is "poor" doesn't mean they don't have things that people might want. Certain demographics in the United States are less likely to keep their money in banks, meaning they are prime targets for breakins because these people are most likely going to have their life savings in the house somewhere. Almost every house has something valuable in them. 

So yes, it's actually realistic for more homes to be broken into in Davis / Rancho / SC, but anyone that plays here for a little bit of time knows how many cops are always in that area. It's often a meta to just go hit these houses in Mirror Park or The HIlls because you might find something "better" and there are less patrols, making it more "Strategic" to do these in game activities without getting caught. 

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic