Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

32 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Can’t or don’t want to?

Can't with a capital C. I've been extremely vocal about this, there is more crime on this server than the LEO factions are equipped to combat. I'd say it's probably the biggest reason why restricted crime zones are even a thing, because PD/SD doesn't have the resources to respond to every 911 call plus patrol the entire map plus investigate outstanding casefiles plus the non-crime events we do for the server.

We try. We try like hell. But it's probably the biggest reason why a lot of people quit PD/SD within a few months, the burnout is extreme.

29 minutes ago, CertifiedKiller said:

Maybe they should loosen hiring requirements, recently got DQ'd from PD recruitment for having a recent admin warning not a jail but a warning. And SD DQ'd me for having an admin record with my last jail being over 2 years ago.

That's above my paygrade, the best advice I can give is to try again next time. LEO recruitment tends to look favorably on players who show continued interest.

Edited by Barbary
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Smoked U said:

Majority of that post didn’t seem relevant to the topic at hand but as someone who’s done PD rp before on another server case well as having detective ooc friends on this one. I have to ask do you have any idea how many people die per day on gtaw? And how many of them leave 0 evidence to rp around? Now imagine setting a crime scene for death that is going no where and left nothing to rp around. Last I saw it said 95%+ of murders go unsolved 

Again with what's relevant, oh well...everything I wrote has pointed just one way. Portrayal.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

If it seems irrelevant to you, maybe you should learn what roleplay actually is. Its not player being a character, but character being a player. And that's a big difference. You are creating a character with everything a human being has,, not just hey this is fun lets do this like that.

You are delusional if think you created "a character with everything a human being has", at best you're a perverse fantasy of the latest movie/script you watched and wanted to give your own funny little twist to it. Lest you are a self insert.

Also, props to quickly editting the comment. Saved me from retorting in equal childish fashion.

Just now, sixchar said:

I mean, he has a point though... It's about the portrayal in the area.

No, there is no point made. All that was said was a bunch of personal experiences mixed with half concealed truths. Speaking about "you can't hear through barber glass", sure but you can see plain as fucking day. Imagine if your cars were in the world permanently without /vpark the entire house would be littered with cars which would give away all the wealth hiding. That big fuck off mansion also indicates you have money, so what's really been said?

The arguements made are in bad faith, because it only highlights issues THEY (as in, the criminals)are guilty/responsible of and how well it is "IRL" when we already established it's a joke to compare it to. Yet there is no introspection, you claim your hands are clean but they are in fact no cleaner then the average participant here.

Once more, IC issue, IC solution.

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Again with what's relevant, oh well...everything I wrote has pointed just one way. Portrayal.

Perhaps you should stop and re-read your own post instead of thinking you are messiah come earth again for Roleplay if you've been charged with providing irrelevant arguements.

7 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Would you like videos of robberies in high end areas? Criminals think irl if they’re masked up, gloves on and phones off and riding in stolen cars they’re good to go. They don’t care about cctvs, witness protection or granny on the front porch calling the cops. They don’t shit where they eat (meaning robbing in shitty places like their own area where the risk isnt worth the award) it’s an ic issue where LEO factions need to prioritize less on shootouts and more on rping in higher end areas

Edit: this whole rp fear thing is dumb because why am I fearful of me out numbering you with automatic weapons aimed at you? The only thing I would be fearing is you oocly stalling the robbery because you’re butthurt you’re about to lose some assets and praying a cop rolls by and saves you as what most victims tend to do. So there’s nothing really to be afraid of.

Edited by Smoked U
1 minute ago, Mythology said:

You are delusional if think you created "a character with everything a human being has", at best you're a perverse fantasy of the latest movie/script you watched and wanted to give your own funny little twist to it. Lest you are a self insert.

Also, props to quickly editting the comment. Saved me from retorting in equal childish fashion.

No, there is no point made. All that was said was a bunch of personal experiences mixed with half concealed truths. Speaking about "you can't hear through barber glass", sure but you can see plain as fucking day. Imagine if your cars were in the world permanently without /vpark the entire house would be littered with cars which would give away all the wealth hiding. That big fuck off mansion also indicates you have money, so what's really been said?

The arguements made are in bad faith, because it only highlights issues THEY (as in, the criminals)are guilty/responsible of and how well it is "IRL" when we already established it's a joke to compare it to. Yet there is no introspection, you claim your hands are clean but they are in fact no cleaner then the average participant here.

Once more, IC issue, IC solution.

What's the reasoning for allowing so much crime to happen in an area that realistically wouldn't have it? 

Like if we were to flip the script, and say that the hills is a RESTRICTED Crime Zone, what would be the argument to say - we should remove the restriction and let anyone roll up there and commit crimes, instead of requesting admin perms before going?

I know this will probably be shot down as its something that puts more work on the admin team, but at the same time would help regulate/filter those who have proper RP intention and motives to go up there. If you have them, then in theory you shouldn't have a problem putting a request in to do so.

7 minutes ago, sixchar said:

What's the reasoning for allowing so much crime to happen in an area that realistically wouldn't have it? 

Like if we were to flip the script, and say that the hills is a RESTRICTED Crime Zone, what would be the argument to say - we should remove the restriction and let anyone roll up there and commit crimes, instead of requesting admin perms before going?

I know this will probably be shot down as its something that puts more work on the admin team, but at the same time would help regulate/filter those who have proper RP intention and motives to go up there. If you have them, then in theory you shouldn't have a problem putting a request in to do so.

But why implement more ooc restrictions on something that can be totally delt with ic?

8 minutes ago, sixchar said:

Go rp on an illegal character for a week in south LS. You will see more cruisers then you see people to roleplay with. Now imagine if those places you want to be restricted were crime restricted zones where LEO factions have every reason to completely disregard them and not bother to go to.

now instead of just a crime restricted zone you have a crime restricted map which leads to the end of illegal rp and the eventual end of this server. Or do you believe that illegal rp is irrelevant?

Edited by Smoked U
24 minutes ago, Barbary said:

Can't with a capital C. I've been extremely vocal about this, there is more crime on this server than the LEO factions are equipped to combat. I'd say it's probably the biggest reason why restricted crime zones are even a thing, because PD/SD doesn't have the resources to respond to every 911 call plus patrol the entire map plus investigate outstanding casefiles plus the non-crime events we do for the server.

We try. We try like hell. But it's probably the biggest reason why a lot of people quit PD/SD within a few months, the burnout is extreme.

I stuck with LEO rp 3 years.. there is no rule saying you MUST go to every big event or pursuit, tbh there are rules in place disallowing so many in a pursuit line and or attending a robbery alarm. It's 100% a matter of preference. Again, I see this all a IC issue with a lack of interest in passive rp.

So as a more IC alternative. 
We could allow security companies to install gates/walls around a property with a script some how of say barbed wire along the tops of said walls. If a player climbs over these they could leave dna/blood/clothing rips/hair etc anything that could then be used in an IC matter with police to go down a more IC route and in term it would knock a tiny tiny inch of health off a player. 

That way it doesn't hold cops needing to patrol 24/7 but they could still carry out these investigative things on downtimes or have a department set towards these kind of things that would eventually promote more rp as a whole. (Especially if they start finding the same dna on other properties etc )

That way there's no restrictions for players to rob but there's also a gamble towards robbing houses with these things in place. 

Edited by CupcakeCow
  • Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic