Concerns about suggestions:

It's come to my attention and I've noticed that suggestions are usually only picked up if a dev likes the idea or wants to work on them, instead of going in proper order from oldest to newest with their choices. Personally I understand why they might choose something they like to work on over something that's old and they might not, but this opens up a major issue because it means a lot of suggestions will never get looked at. 

There's suggestions sitting there from June 4th 2022 all the way up to the current date, with 30 or so pages. I've also noticed many of them have replies on them and might not be archived once a dev clarifies they may not be possible. 

I'm curious to know what other players think about this and also would love to hear some feedback from devs and if they plan to start taking suggestions that are older to try free up space etc.

Keep the thread clean with no shitposting, I genuinely want to understand if there's even a proper process to this and  if not will one begin; as it seems a lot of suggestions get ignored.

• Upvote 3

Unfortunately, that's literally just how the suggestions forum works. It's a large cesspool of ideas and if a dev or admin likes your suggestion, they may think about implementing it. It's not supposed to be a "go in order and have a dev review each suggestion down the list" type thing, It's just basically a box of ideas.

That's also the reason why they tell you not to bump your suggestion topic or tag devs. As said in the suggestion guidelines by Nervous:

The suggestions forums are a pit of ideas. We might not answer on your suggestion for a year, but we'll maybe find a very good idea in it once we'll be developping a similar feature / your feature. We might also love an idea and directly jump on it, or ask you more questions if needed. Don't ping us nor bump your suggestions, they're all read. We do not have time to accept / deny all of  them, an it doesn't make sense as a suggestion can be valid in time A but invalid in time B.

• Upvote 1

Players & admins have to discuss if things should be done before the devs can hop in try coding it.

I've seen admins randomly go through pages of them and greenlight a few or deny others. Lots of suggestions are more of an admin team thing first.

Edited by Ciao
  • Upvote 1

The suggestions forum is mostly full of idiotic ideas, shitposting & toxicity. It's very rare that anything constructive comes from pages of useless arguments from players crying for an idea that everyone with common sense knows will never happen. Devs have to sift through all these and figure out which ones actually have merit and which should take priority, others perhaps don't have enough CONSTRUCTIVE feedback from the community for devs to make a decision. So they cherry pick the ones they think should be implemented first.