Let's talk about the fuel changes

HappyGecko

Hello!

Curious to see how people like the new fuel ''nerf''. Me personally? I think it's not needed and a little over the top. I get some of the ideas behind it, however having 10L tanks in a vehicle isn't the way to go about it. I've never seen anyone roleplaying fueling their car up, I've had to refuel my car 3 times a day, it will become quite annoying to keep such a close eye on your fuel level to then take a trip to any LTD for numerous times a day, only to AFK at the pumps for 15 seconds. 

Please keep it respectful and share some of your thoughts 🙂 

I have yet to try out this fuel nerf, but as the fuelling situation is now. Most players fuel their car so infrequently that the feature was almost redundant. Had they removed the option to fuel your car, most people in game would not have noticed.

I welcome the fact that this feature now become more prominent and I hope it will boost rp around garages. 

Edited by Natala
22 minutes ago, liq said:

Yeah I agree. It's becoming a whole MMORPG that needs potions. Shouldn't be an impediment to players and their roleplay, especially if that roleplay is limited.

Holy overreaction. Fueling your car should absolutely be part of the requirements for roleplaying. I'd even go further as to say fuel should also be more expensive to add more realism to all the gas guzzlers driving around. This isn't GTA Online, there are impediments in real life and there should be in a server that tries to mimic real life.

• Upvote 4

People wanted money sinks. This is the most benign money sink you could add short of artificial taxes or adding a bunch of features that 1% of the server would use.

This server has a serious Goddamn problem with how it thinks about cars. People don't treat driving as part of their RP, they treat like it's a slower version of fast travel.  The only purpose of a car is transport, and if anything bad happens to someone while driving, its almost always taken as an OOC slight. It's an honest shame that the LC server died because people seemed to be far less pressed about their virtual garage over there thanks to the smaller map size.

Just now, Miami said:

Holy overreaction. Fueling your car should absolutely be part of the requirements for roleplaying. I'd even go further as to say fuel should also be more expensive to add more realism to all the gas guzzlers driving around. This isn't GTA Online, there are impediments in real life and there should be in a server that tries to mimic real life.

I agree that it should be a requirement, however...I don't know if you played yesterday. They pushed the ''nerf'' by accident when it was not supposed to be released till tomorrow. Basically, every car (least to my knowledge) got moved down to have a 10L tank (2,6 gallons). This has nothing to do with realism anymore. It can and will quickly become an annoying task to refuel numerous times a day. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Miami said:

roleplay should NOT mimic every real life aspect. lmao

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, HappyGecko said:

I agree that it should be a requirement, however...I don't know if you played yesterday. They pushed the ''nerf'' by accident when it was not supposed to be released till tomorrow. Basically, every car (least to my knowledge) got moved down to have a 10L tank (2,6 gallons). This has nothing to do with realism anymore. It can and will quickly become an annoying task to refuel numerous times a day. 

Which absolutely is a problem... if you're at max acceleration all the time. That's 1 tour of the map and a half in the average car at max acceleration. However, if you're driving conservatively, or even normally, that should last you a nice while.

As I recall, one of the problems in this server is people driving at full speed all the time, everywhere. Maybe this'll help.

3 minutes ago, blanco leopardo said:

roleplay should NOT mimic every real life aspect. lmao

Sure, it shouldn't mimic all. It should mimic those that it can, and many minor ones. Which this is.

Edited by Miami