Proposed solution to the luxury cars epidemic. Registration, road tax and insurance.

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

What? Yes there are lol, I've definitely seen some supercars around. 

Enlighten me then, there are none available in the dealerships and the only thing that's been auctioned is the Diamond, AFAIK.

I agree with the suggestion, thought I don't think any tax should be forced with the script. Everyone should be allowed to choose whether to get their car registred and insurced or risk getting a fine.

2 minutes ago, Rozi said:

Sports and supers, elegies, lynx, COMETS, a lot. Let's not forget about the PARIAH which is the fastest vehicle in the game in terms of top speed and it is the fastest sports car around the track.

But none of which are supercars. 

• Upvote 1
Guest RydHood

Absolutely great suggestion, this would be a superb implementation and would be really helpful to prevent people who RP rich without the consequences.

1 hour ago, M52B28 said:

But there are no super cars?

He said sports and supercars, the message is pretty clear. If we want to be pedantic about the definition of a supercar in GTAV in terms of car classification then, there is no supercars. But everyone knows's what Norrig is referring to. 

Another idea I had for this suggestion was to do with impounding. If a vehicle is impounded rather than a flat fee a percentage of the vehicle cost could be needed to release the vehicle (say 7%). If the vehicle wasn't brought back after a month it would be destroyed. 

1 minute ago, Notbond said:

He said sports and supercars, the message is pretty clear. If we want to be pedantic about the definition of a supercar in GTAV in terms of car classification then, there is no supercars. But everyone knows's what Norrig is referring to. 

Another idea I had for this suggestion was to do with impounding. If a vehicle is impounded rather than a flat fee a percentage of the vehicle cost could be needed to release the vehicle (say 7%). If the vehicle wasn't brought back after a month it would be destroyed. 

I'd rather see a system where the amount of money you have to pay to unimpound increases each week the vehicle stays impounded.

Just now, Rozi said:

I'd rather see a system where the amount of money you have to pay to unimpound increases each week the vehicle stays impounded.

The idea is to discourage luxury cars, not penalise people who have a relatively cheap car, the system your suggesting doesn't really assist that idea in anyway. 

Your idea is cool, but you have to think carefully about prices. I know that numbers you said are just an example.. but 20% of the original price for a registration is too much: imagine if you buy a $550000 car .. You'll have to have 110k more to registrate it and if you have only 24 hours it is too much.

Plus I am gonna say that another negative aspect of this suggestion is that it certainly will increase farming.. People is not going to buy a low-end car just cause later he has to register it.. He will just farm more and roleplay less to have enough money to buy and register the vehicle he wants.

Edited by Mikee