Join Existing Factions

Ted

b6af16ce698657e2cc7102b6c7740b59.png

This is a statement from the faction regulation page. 

Currently on the server we have: six official 1%er Motorcycle Clubs (Mongols, Vagos, Fueled Sinners, Sinners, Grim Order and Junkyard Wild Dogs). Six Southsider (or similar) threads (Border Brothers 22. MS13. The Mexican Mafia. Tortilla Flats. Culver City Boys. Hillside 13.) Three Wood/Skin gangs (Insane White Boys, Oildale Peckerwoods, and the Family Affiliated Irish Mafia). Five Eastern European Mobs (Y-S Organization, Rrjeti Shqiptar, Centeral LS Eurasian OC, The East Operation, and the Aliyev Mob). An Asian mob (K-Town) and an Asian Street Gang (26th Province). A Polynesian Mob (The Mahelona Crew). Two Italian Mobs, (Conti Crime Family and the Philly Connection). There is a crip set (South Side Carson Crip) and a Blood set (E/S Rolling 20's Outlaw Bloods). 

There are multiple options for most Criminal RP someone could want to do on the server. If you have an idea for a Trece set, or an MC, or a gang, or a mob, I would personally suggest that you first join one of the many factions I just posted. 

There is a lot of drama surrounding new factions opening up, and especially so within heavily saturated faction areas. I can only speak from my experience in the Vagos, but many new factions that start out don't know what they're doing or the culture behind what they're portraying. If you're thinking on making an MC and don't know what a State Dominant is, you should stop. If you want to make a Hispanic Street Gang but don't know what an Emero is, you should stop. If you want to make a Skinhead gang but don't even know what a peckerwood is, you should stop. If you have never been in a faction before the one you are making then you should stop because you don't have experience; you simply don't know what you're doing. If you want to make a Crip set, or a Blood set, maybe you should first consider joining the already existing ones; otherwise your faction will be less active and their factions will be less active, and everyone looks like shit. Your 14th iteration of a Southsider set might sound really unique and interesting, and it may be, but you know what else is unique and interesting? The six other ones on the server. Your Italian mob may be really neat, and cool, and have a good backstory, but you know what other factions do? The two other Italian Mobs on the server. Wanna make an Asian gangster, or have a group of Asian gangsters? Go to K-Town, or the 26th Province.

The RP that most criminal RPers want to do is already on the server. When people decide to ignore those factions it not only takes away from those factions recruiting base, and their RP, but it often leads to conflicts with those factions: because many of those factions have been playing longer and have done more research. I can only speak to my experience in the Vagos, but we are almost constantly dealing with MCs that start up on the sever and have only experienced MC culture from basic google searches, Gangland Undercover, and Sons of Anarchy. They don't know what a state dominant is, they don't know proper protocol, and because they don't it forces the Vagos into situations where they have to enforce those things which more often than not escalates into wars. Wars that would've been avoided if they simply followed protocol. Beef oftentimes gets started because a newer faction hasn't been able to do the wide breadth of research necessary to properly roleplay their faction. The easiest way to avoid this is to join an already existing faction. Already existing factions want people. You might have to start from the bottom, but starting from the bottom is the best way to learn about the scene that you're trying to portray. I'm not saying that the existing factions are perfect. There will always be flawed roleplay, but I can almost certainly guarantee that most of them know more about whatever thing you're trying to portray than you do if you've never been in a faction like theirs before. 

Edited by Ted
  • Upvote 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 8

That's a fact bro. I'd rather 10 solid factions with 20 members each than 100 shitty factions with 2 members each. 

Plus, half of these factions opening up now are just doing the exact same shit as the others, with a different name. I'm sorry but like 75% of black street gang faction roleplayers are doing it wrong and behaving like it's a movie rather than realistically. It's so stupid. Gotta start closing people down who can't think of their character as valuable and not some unstoppable goon (ie: you're from poverty so SHOW YOUR STRUGGLE, not you being like Pablo Escobar in South Central).

Also, factions need to start sorting shit out between their members rather than running to the forums anytime anything bad happens between two factions or two members. It's dumb and just creates out of character beef between them. It should honestly be a requirement to try sort shit out in game before running off to the forums.

Edited by Equitise
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Equitise said:

That's a fact bro. I'd rather 10 solid factions with 20 members each than 100 shitty factions with 2 members each. 

Plus, half of these factions opening up now are just doing the exact same shit as the others, with a different name. I'm sorry but like 75% of black faction roleplayers are doing it wrong and behaving like it's a movie rather than realistically. It's so stupid. Gotta start closing people down who can't think of their character as a valuable person (ie: you're from poverty so SHOW YOUR STRUGGLE, not you being like Pablo Escobar in South Central).

Also, factions need to start sorting shit out between their members rather than running to the forums anytime anything bad happens between two factions or two members. It's dumb and just creates out of character beef between them. It should honestly be a requirement to try sort shit out in game before running off to the forums.

Indeed.

It also falls on IFM to do quality control and "flow" control for lack of a better term. Instead of allowing 4 different factions roleplaying the same thing, they need to nip it in the bud during the application process. Regardless of how "unique and great" it may be. 

I'm also so surprised at how unwilling to roleplay a subgroup some people are. If you're a compotent leader and you have a small group of people, why not reach out to a faction already roleplaying in the "style" you are looking for and seeing if there's an opportunity to be a part of a network. As an example, many of the Eurasian factions are part of one big collective network at large and lack a "structure" that forces you to bow to a leader and give 90% of your income as a tribute. Your group of Russians is no different than X's group of Russians who have been here 8 months before you. Talk to them. In 2020 less and less of these hierarchical organizations exist. 

... But it's hard to suck up your ego sometimes and join someone else. Everyone wants to be the big bad boss.

Edited by Chef
  • Upvote 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
Just now, Chef said:

It also falls on IFM to do quality control and "flow" control for lack of a better term. Instead of allowing 4 different factions roleplaying the same thing, they need to nip it in the bud during the application process. Regardless of how "unique and great" it may be. 

I'm also so surprised at how unwilling to roleplay a subgroup some people are. If you're a compotent leader and you have a small group of people, why not reach out to a faction already roleplaying in the "style" you are looking for and seeing if there's an opportunity to be a part of a network. As an example, many of the Eurasian factions are part of one big collective network at large and lack a "structure" that forces you to bow to a leader and give 90% of your income as a tribute. Your group of Russians is no different than X's group of Russians who have been here 8 months before you. Talk to them.In 2020 less and less of these hierarchical organizations exist. 

... But it's hard to suck up your ego sometimes and join someone else. Everyone wants to be the big bad boss.

This. All of this.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Chef said:

I'm also so surprised at how unwilling to roleplay a subgroup some people are. If you're a compotent leader and you have a small group of people, why not reach out to a faction already roleplaying in the "style" you are looking for and seeing if there's an opportunity to be a part of a network. As an example, many of the Eurasian factions are part of one big collective network at large and lack a "structure" that forces you to bow to a leader and give 90% of your income as a tribute. Your group of Russians is no different than X's group of Russians who have been here 8 months before you. Talk to them. In 2020 less and less of these hierarchical organizations exist.