Property Entrance - Display Change

Law

Short description: Changing how property entrances are displayed.

Detailed description: I'd like to suggest a change in how property entrances are displayed to players, reducing the two/three-line spam of each property you walk/ride past. At the moment, walking or riding down a single street path can look like this:

4006e2fbb7df41715c2ccf7fdfcb40d3.png

I would like to suggest property entrances and their information being displayed in a pop-up box much like the smartphone's SMS system. To reduce the spam/stacking of these boxes popping up for every new property, they should disappear as soon as you've stepped off the entrance marker.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Less chat clutter and ease of log management once they're parsed.

Additional information: The current property entrance information is also not that crucial for it to be parsed if the new change doesn't show them in chat anymore.

Edited by Law
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

What about a command that someone has to type while in front of a property and forgo the popup entirely?

/paddress or /pname and the name/address comes up in the info in the top left, but make it manual rather than it being automatic. That way it kind of simulates someone looking for an address. I'm sure it would possibly help server resources that way too. 

On 8/16/2020 at 3:25 AM, Saidin said:

What about a command that someone has to type while in front of a property and forgo the popup entirely?

/paddress or /pname and the name/address comes up in the info in the top left, but make it manual rather than it being automatic. That way it kind of simulates someone looking for an address. I'm sure it would possibly help server resources that way too. 

nah that would just be time consuming and would reduce a quality of life feature, why would any of us want that

• mj2002 locked this topic