We're Los Santos News and we'd like feedback

LSNN

Some IRL news companies out there allow civilians to send them footage, pictures, etc... as in a program such as "Every civilian is a reporter" or something along those lines. It could be a good source of news, I guess. Maybe encourage that.

Edited by BadassBaboon
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Princess said:

Honestly, I wish the News Company would be more live... I don't know If it's possible, but maybe they could post different articles with their interviews recorded, or become more of a tabloid like TMZ

We do record interviews when we conduct them, and we don't intend on becoming like TMZ, we don't like clickbait nor the questionable content they produce, it doesn't fit us as a news org. 

2 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

Some IRL news companies out there allow civilians to send them footage, pictures, etc... as in a program such as "Every civilian is a reporter" or something along those lines. It could be a good source of news, I guess. Maybe encourage that.

Hi! 

We already do allow people to send us tips and footage through our Forum DMs, and it's very much welcomed, or via our Facebrowser account, following a tip-off we do aim to investigate it, or flag it up for an investigation at a later date. 

4 hours ago, Lmao said:

All I'd like to see more of is investigative journalism, but as you've already said, that is already something that you do, and I am aware it takes time. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Investigations do take a large chunk of our time as we need to collaborate with our faction management handler for verification to release the article, then there's the stuff that happens in the background, mostly fact-checking and research, but thank you. 

Try to get entertainment news programs going where people can tune in to in-game instead of resorting to the forums to catch up on them. Not sure if that would require additional script support, but it's definitely something I'd like to see implemented.

An interview of a gang member with the face blurred. Interview police, do articles on the stuff that goes down in chamberlain, davis and rancho. There's lots of house raids and such. Get authorization to go to county jail and interview prisoners. LSPD did a drug bust for 2 mill worth of drugs and guns, why didnt u guys do an article on that?

People have said do articles about events and clubs but that would just be free advertising and nobody would actually be interested or read about it. You said you can't do articles surrounding gangs because of security? Ive seen reporters for big media companies at the scene of a shooting in the hood with 0 security and just a camera crew, a small news company shouldn't be that worried to have an entire security team.

6 minutes ago, Shekh said:

LSPD did a drug bust for 2 mill worth of drugs and guns, why didnt u guys do an article on that?

We literally did? It's one of our latest articles.

Chamberlain is a complex issue that isn't a simple 'an article will cover all'. The repeated and constant gang wars aren't helpful for us to cover stories as we don't know who's been killed or who hasn't, so we can't exactly talk to people about it. We do heavily rely on people reaching out to us to help us with stories, we're a two-person team on a server of 400.  

11 minutes ago, Shekh said:

People have said do articles about events and clubs but that would just be free advertising and nobody would actually be interested or read about it

We disagree with this. It's filler content for us, it still gives feedback to the city on what's going on. 

• Upvote 1