Events on GTAW / Special Event Permit Issues / Civil RP

Zorbe

On 11/6/2019 at 4:10 PM, Duke said:

It is quite literally in a politician's interest to openly engage in public events and interact with the public as much as possible. I have seen no community events in game, no charitable organisers, no public outreach programs, zilch. 

Boasting about the bureaucratic efficiency, or lack there of, of a single department in handling business contracts is not something you want as the pinnacle of government interaction. 

There is no active public works department, you know; street maintenance, fixing a street light, repainting a wall that has graffiti or rejuvenating a public park, road repairs, cleaning the street, these are just some of the things just one department could be doing to show an actual presence of governance on the server. 

There is no active welfare department, the Department of Public Social Services or whatever it's called could carry out outreach programs for people at risk, like food banks, or charity events to raise money for a new fire engine/ambulance or maybe a public fund for people who need financial aid, they could set up a rehab program or advice centres/job centres for people looking for work or general help with an issue pertaining to welfare. 

There is quite literally nothing like this going on in game and I don't feel as if they're even trying to work towards anything like that, have we ever even had an election and an actual vote on city ordinance? The government is literally just an outsourcing firm right now, looking to give out business grants and award contracts, it should be so much more.

I feel as if @SpawnMatrix or @Nervous should really look into overhauling the current city-level government. 

The judiciary is incredibly motivated, it's a shame the City aren't. 

Exactly.

The activity of the Department of Finance should not constitute acceptable government activity. A municipal government of Los Santos' size would not consist of one department.

Back when I joined in April, there was another thread lamenting the poor government activity. The same people I see defending the municipal government here were also defending the government in that thread; they pointed to, among other things, the Department of Finance's activity. 

While all the current plans are welcome news to many, I'm sure, those plans need to see movement at an acceptable pace.  Planning to do something is the first step -- it's never the goal; rather, timely execution of those plans should always be the goal.

Advice for @Nervous: If members of the current government are too busy to actually govern or develop and put plans into motion (at an acceptable pace), perhaps it's time to look for and put your trust in others to run the government. 

Edit: I had to edit to emphasize this part of Duke's post:

Boasting about the bureaucratic efficiency, or lack there of, of a single department in handling business contracts is not something you want as the pinnacle of government interaction. 

Also edited to backtrack on the mapping example. I understand it's not priority and so it was not the best example.

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Upvote 2