Trucking Escalated

Coni

Everybody that has eyes sees it, I dont think it needs elaboration. 

You guys should've seen Strawberry 24/7 yesterday. Not only 5+ trucks crowding  the place also people without consideration for proper roleplay. I really felt for the people that tried to roleplay around that spot. 

Spoiler

0ZZCXSI.png

The earlier the day the worse they behave. This fella' here came crashing in, ramming the chairs and tables away just to be closer to the entrance. Unloads from the driver side (seen that alot). And the other dude was already approaching in the same van. What is this? 

I am nobody for that "hardcore" roleplay narrative. I think a certain laxity is required to keep it fun (imho). 

But this crap is just RPG. This has nothing to do with roleplay anymore. People used to truck to the locations they got assigned. The server had a say and balanced it out. Besides that there was no trucking level to grind and therefore you just did as many runs as you wanted to do. Now people always try to take the shortest route possible which means if something in Strawberry is buying supplies (super close to the docks) then EVERY trucker rushes to that location. And not only do they all crowd the same spot, they feel like they compete for the location and run, speed, non-rp among other things just so they potentially can deliver another badge to that location.

This is decreasing the roleplay quality extremely. It has hurt other jobs and ruined the even distribution of players. Fishing is dead as even the closest fishing spot in Alamo is unconvenient in comparisson to trucking. Mining apparently had to take heavy set backs although I am not informed enough in that branch about that. And brewing isnt worth much anyhow.

I enjoy trucking and I even think the leveling system is interesting. It gives you the potential to flip 9 Grand into ~12 grand. That's very good money but puts you at the risk of holding alot of cash on hand. Robbery crews could start to get hungry for the Sprunk logos on vans and try to pull heists, especially at night. On the other hand those 15 package vans could also be done by two people. Faster unloading, more realism and still a nice pay for each. 

But there needs to be a limitation and something has to be done to combat the non RP nature of this. Maybe a daily limit of 5 deliveries. This also gives an incentive to make larger ones as soon as you can since you can only deliver 5 times, no matter how big the badge was. 

Or restrict one delivery driver to one store. As soon as someone took a job to Strawberry 24/7 for example, nobody else gets it offered until the delivery was done. 

Maybe automize so that the store is assigned as next target that had the longest dry run (e.g. time passed since last delivery). This way truckers evenly spread across the map and everyone has the chance to get a long or a short drive. 

I don't know how but somehow this should be improved. I'm thankful my RP hotspot is in Cypress with 0 economy, otherwise I'd go mad and start shooting at approaching delivery vans on the third day ^^

Edited by Coni
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Coni said:

This fella' here came crashing in, ramming the chairs and tables away just to be closer to the entrance. Unloads from the driver side (seen that alot).

I've seen him roaming around today with 0 regards to his surroundings, or RP for that matter.

1 hour ago, Coni said:

Maybe a daily limit of 5 deliveries.

I don't believe this is the best of options, as new players (such as myself) rely heavily on jobs that allow us to have a relatively large-ish income constantly.

1 hour ago, Coni said:

Or restrict one delivery driver to one store. As soon as someone took a job to Strawberry 24/7 for example, nobody else gets it offered until the delivery was done

This sounds like the better option of the two, as "stealing" deliveries one from another is already a thing. Someone with a larger van than yours comes along and drains the supplier stock, leaving you looking at the sky.

36 minutes ago, DetectivePikachu said:

I've seen him roaming around today with 0 regards to his surroundings, or RP for that matter.

I don't believe this is the best of options, as new players (such as myself) rely heavily on jobs that allow us to have a relatively large-ish income constantly.

This sounds like the better option of the two, as "stealing" deliveries one from another is already a thing. Someone with a larger van than yours comes along and drains the supplier stock, leaving you looking at the sky.

On the second part - I disagree. New player get 40x5,500$ = 220,000$ just for being online in the first 40 hours. That is more than enough to get you started on pretty much everything. Could buy a house + car with that or two cars or a better house and no car. 

5 Deliveries a day would still mean you were able to do other jobs such as garbage delivery or RP jobs. It's your fault really if after 40 hours and 200k earned you still have to heavily rely on one particular profession. And as you level that profession, 5 deliveries go up to mean 5x15 deliveries. That's ~10500 $ earned and you barely took 1 hour to do that. Now you still got all the other time in the world to add upon that.

Just now, Coni said:

On the second part - I disagree. New player get 40x5,500$ = 220,000$ just for being online in the first 40 hours. That is more than enough to get you started on pretty much everything. Could buy a house + car with that or two cars or a better house and no car. 

5 Deliveries a day would still mean you were able to do other jobs such as garbage delivery or RP jobs. It's your fault really if after 40 hours and 200k earned you still have to heavily rely on one particular profession. And as you level that profession, 5 deliveries go up to mean 5x15 deliveries. That's ~10500 $ earned and you barely took 1 hour to do that. Now you still got all the other time in the world to add upon that.

Yeah, I suppose you have a very valid point there. I didn't think the "5 deliveries / day" idea all the way through, missing the fact that you level up, thus more crates / delivery. My bad!

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Coni said:

Everybody that has eyes sees it, I dont think it needs elaboration. 

You guys should've seen Strawberry 24/7 yesterday. Not only 5+ trucks crowding  the place also people without consideration for proper roleplay. I really felt for the people that tried to roleplay around that spot. 

Reveal hidden contents

0ZZCXSI.png

The earlier the day the worse they behave. This fella' here came crashing in, ramming the chairs and tables away just to be closer to the entrance. Unloads from the driver side (seen that alot). And the other dude was already approaching in the same van. What is this? 

I am nobody for that "hardcore" roleplay narrative. I think a certain laxity is required to keep it fun (imho). 

But this crap is just RPG. This has nothing to do with roleplay anymore. People used to truck to the locations they got assigned. The server had a say and balanced it out. Besides that there was no trucking level to grind and therefore you just did as many runs as you wanted to do. Now people always try to take the shortest route possible which means if something in Strawberry is buying supplies (super close to the docks) then EVERY trucker rushes to that location. And not only do they all crowd the same spot, they feel like they compete for the location and run, speed, non-rp among other things just so they potentially can deliver another badge to that location.

This is decreasing the roleplay quality extremely. It has hurt other jobs and ruined the even distribution of players. Fishing is dead as even the closest fishing spot in Alamo is unconvenient in comparisson to trucking. Mining apparently had to take heavy set backs although I am not informed enough in that branch about that. And brewing isnt worth much anyhow.

I enjoy trucking and I even think the leveling system is interesting. It gives you the potential to flip 9 Grand into ~12 grand. That's very good money but puts you at the risk of holding alot of cash on hand. Robbery crews could start to get hungry for the Sprunk logos on vans and try to pull heists, especially at night. On the other hand those 15 package vans could also be done by two people. Faster unloading, more realism and still a nice pay for each. 

But there needs to be a limitation and something has to be done to combat the non RP nature of this. Maybe a daily limit of 5 deliveries. This also gives an incentive to make larger ones as soon as you can since you can only deliver 5 times, no matter how big the badge was. 

Or restrict one delivery driver to one store. As soon as someone took a job to Strawberry 24/7 for example, nobody else gets it offered until the delivery was done. 

Maybe automize so that the store is assigned as next target that had the longest dry run (e.g. time passed since last delivery). This way truckers evenly spread across the map and everyone has the chance to get a long or a short drive. 

I don't know how but somehow this should be improved. I'm thankful my RP hotspot is in Cypress with 0 economy, otherwise I'd go mad and start shooting at approaching delivery vans on the third day ^^

This is specifically for Roleplay Quality reporting. Get a screenshot, capture video, etc. Report these guys to player management. They will handle it from there. 

21 hours ago, Kestalas said:

This is specifically for Roleplay Quality reporting. Get a screenshot, capture video, etc. Report these guys to player management. They will handle it from there. 

Honestly if we keep reporting truckers every day admins will not have time at all. Just make trucking faction as soon as there's enough of trucking companies, same with taxi, should be have taxi companies etc. If people can't RP and use this job to just grind money like a bunch of idiots, go ahead, go fishing or just sit on your 5k/paycheck money. 

Edited by Lance
7 hours ago, Lance said:

Honestly if we keep reporting truckers every day admins will not have time at all. Just make trucking faction as soon as there's enough of trucking companies, same with taxi, should be have taxi companies etc. If people can't RP and use this job to just grind money like a bunch of idiots, go ahead, go fishing or just sit on your 5k/paycheck money. 

No offense intended, but that’s a horrible reason to not report someone. This is a role play server. People should be held to a standard and I’m sure the staff would understand. That’s why that report type exists, to hold players to a certain standard. Plus, it would only take a few jails/bans for people to realize they should be doing it correctly.

Edited by Kestalas
28 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

No offense intended, but that’s a horrible reason to not report someone. This is a role play server. People should be held to a standard and I’m sure the staff would understand. That’s why that report type exists, to hold players to a certain standard. Plus, it would only take a few jails/bans for people to realize they should be doing it correctly.

None taken, but it was not the main point of my post. Point is, we need to find a solution to minimize idiots doing that job instead of just spamming forum reports. I personally avoid writing a report about someone and usually try to either sort it IG or just let it be. Unless it's something very important.

• Perky locked this topic