Remove the $5,000 limit from rule 10 - Robbing and Scamming

Lerius

1 hour ago, Machiavelli said:

Still doesn't change the fact that the money is on their person. It's the same meme with people roleplaying they hid their gun, and yet script wise still has it on their person. It's illogical. If you have X amount of money on you, it's on you. Face the consequences. I cannot grasp why we cater to protect stupid people when you should just let Darwinism run it's course.

I agree, but keep in mind that the server has to be fair in some way, because someone can go around with millions in his pockets and get robbed. Still I do see your point as it is more realiatic.

1 hour ago, Machiavelli said:

Still doesn't change the fact that the money is on their person. It's the same meme with people roleplaying they hid their gun, and yet script wise still has it on their person. It's illogical. If you have X amount of money on you, it's on you. Face the consequences. I cannot grasp why we cater to protect stupid people when you should just let Darwinism run it's course.

Agree money is on said person, honestly I'd love to see the ability to pay half cash (on hand) and half in-bank since to this day for example tattoo parlour requires you to have money on hand even though they can accept bank payment.

Coming from an LSPD standpoint, there are numerous robberies throughout the day and that's with the $5000 limit. If the limit was removed to make it an unlimited amount, then I suspect there'd be a massive spike in crime related to robberies which is already at an exaggerated amount. An abuse factor is also evident, seeing as there would be no limit to the amount you could take, then in theory you could organize to rob your friend, partner or someone you know OOCly to trade off vasts amount of money without raising any sort of suspicion, because of course with this system large amounts of money being taken would happen quite frequently, tied in with the constanly large amount of robbery calls we receive daily that would more than double.

In my opinion, I'd be up for raising the limit to maybe $10,000, but anything higher I wouldn't support.

Edited by Ylva
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ylva said:

Coming from an LSPD standpoint, there are numerous robberies throughout the day and that's with the $5000 limit. If the limit was removed to make it an unlimited amount, then I suspect there'd be a massive spike in crime related to robberies which is already at an exaggerated amount. An abuse factor is also evident, seeing as there would be no limit to the amount you could take, then in theory you could organize to rob your friend, partner or someone you know OOCly to trade off vasts amount of money without raising any sort of suspicion, because of course with this system large amounts of money being taken would happen quite frequently, tied in with the constanly large amount of robbery calls we receive daily that would more than double.

In my opinion, I'd be up for raising the limit to maybe $10,000, but anything higher I wouldn't support.

In my honest opinion I agree with everything you've said, except the raise of the limit.

3 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

In my honest opinion I agree with everything you've said, except the raise of the limit.

Thanks!

But, as of current though, I'm entirely happy with the $5,000 it's currently set at, mainly due to the reasons I've listed above.

Edited by Ylva

There are way too many lazily roleplayed robberies as it is without raising the limit. We absolutely want to encourage criminal roleplay but there are many more imaginative ways to engage in criminal roleplay. You want a juicier score? Pick your targets more carefully, not at random.

I strongly feel that raising the limit would not encourage healthy roleplay in the long-run. If anything reducing the  robbery limits would be something to consider. This would actually encourage criminals to look elsewhere for a more reliable source of illicit income or give their robberies much more thought. At the end of the day, robberies shouldn't be a reliable source of income, not without careful planning. Otherwise it's an act of necessity. 

I'll leave this open for further feedback but it's highly unlikely that the robbery limits will be raised. 

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lerius said:
  • So sense of danger - This is my main point, having a limit on how much one can lose takes away the feel of danger from players. Anyone can go around the city with a million dollars in their pocket and feel safe because they know for a fact that noone can steal more than five thousand from them. This is flawed, as noone in the real world would ever feel safe carrying a million dollars around the streets.

Considering all it takes is to point a weapon at the person, a 5,000 paycheck is enough, especially with the quality of roleplay I've seen, doesn't even take longer than 15 minutes and you're 5,000 dollars up. If you want to receive more money, invest more effort and roleplay to extort or blackmail your victim. If you think the system is flawed from experience, feel free to quality of roleplay report people that are carrying more than they should be able to carry.

• Robbing people is not worth the risk - The risk/reward ratio for robbing players is biased, and heavily favours victims. It's not worth robbing someone knowing that you can only get 5k off from them, and perhaps later on the line get shot if you happen to rob the wrong person. Having that risk is simply not worth it knowning what you're going to get out from it.

This point makes no sense to me, how can something be biased towards and favour the victim when you're literally taking their assets by pointing your weapon up to them and taking advantage of their vulnerability. As I said above, if you don't think 5,000 is enough per petty robbery, you should invest in roleplay that requires more effort, like extorting/blackmailing your victim. I don't really know what else to add onto the fact you're getting a maximum of 5,000 dollars as well as their mobile phone and any other item they may have. That's the whole point of organised vs petty crime, you don't know who the wrong person to rob is if you don't research your victim.

• Less roleplay - Without this limit, players wanting to carry large amount of cash from one point to another would have to find themselves a security company as an example, which would increase the interaction amount between players and security companies, creating roleplay. Right now the server offers the safe passage through a rule, which renders private transportation useless.

If players want to secure their money, they should put it into their bank. There is absolutely no reason to have this limitation as it only restricts possibilities. If they are stupid enough to carry hundreds of thousands of dollars with them on the streets they should obviously be punished for it.

If the 5,000-limit is providing less roleplay than it could be, I'm assuming you're trying to say that by removing this limit it'll boost roleplay. No, people will just use their ATM card to make purchases which I'm pretty sure is already planned for a future update. The majority of people who would carry large amounts of money without depositing would be the criminals doing the crime unless they have a legal front to launder it.