Financing a leased-to-own vehicle.

iFlyKid

Detailed Description: We currently have the lease system in the dealership which allows us to lease the vehicle. However, there is no "buyout" option to pay the remainder portion of the vehicle if you choose to keep the car. In the current system you'll be leasing the vehicle forever and still keep paying the same monthly installment. My suggestion is simple, make it so we are able to lease the vehicle for X amount of months and at the end of X amount of months we get a 'buyout' option just like in the real world when you're leasing/financing a vehicle. This will only help the person out if they wish to have a vehicle and own it outright but doesn't have the funds to pay for the vehicle. However, just like in the real world, cash equals to no interest rate but when you're leasing/financing a vehicle through a dealership an interest rate is imposed and the vehicle would be sold to you at a higher price because of interest. 

To make lease-to-buy fair, the player must have a 50% down-payment of the vehicle available at hand, they'll finance the remainder 50% this is to avoid any possible abuse from the system. 

Relevant Commands/Items:  No command in-game. 

How will it benefit the server?  Players can finance or lease to own a vehicle without straining most of their funds to purchase an expensive car. Instead they can pay it monthly overtime and have the ability to pay out the whole vehicle at the end of their lease or within their lease terms. This will create more realism and give players an option to purchase a desired vehicle they want at in partial payments every month. 

Edited by iFlyKid
  • Upvote 7
  • iFlyKid changed the title to Financing a leased-to-own vehicle.

Yes please, I thought with the new update they made it so you can lease the vehicle so you could buy it in the future. I didn't know you lease it forever like you did in the UCP.

Making it so you slowly progress into buying it will make much more sense.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:53 PM, Akio said:

As long as the end price is marked up by a percentage depending on the make and model of the car. +1

This would be my suggested idea. Pay a higher percentage price for the banks to allow you to finance it.