[PHOTOSHOP GUIDE] Making your MC patch look realistic in texture!

Zoinks

MC PATCH GRAPHIC DESIGN TUTORIAL
I've had a few people ask me how to get a sewn-on effect for MC patches for use in kutte mods etc. For context, I have created the patches for two of the server's fictional MCs over the years, starting with Bastards MC and now my current faction, Caballeros MC. 

While I am by no means an expert on the matter, and I'm sure there's an easier/alternate way of doing this, I thought I would put my personal process into video form for those wanting to start an MC that may not know where to begin with making the patches for their upcoming faction. 

This video was recorded especially with this tutorial in mind. Please bare in mind that I didn't spend as much time on this as I would if I was making the real thing, therefore compared to the finished products of my previous work, the video patch may not look as good. However if you dedicate a good chunk of time following the tutorial and putting your own spin and personal preferences on it, you can have the same, if not better, outcome!

Here is the real version of Caballeros MC patch that I put much more time into. No reason why you can't do yours even smoother than this.

Spoiler

SFqbTs5.pnghGs8inx.png

THE VIDEO:

As the video states, this is a simplified version so feel free to reach out to me if you need further help. 

TO BE ADDED LATER:

- How to make other patches (Front of kutte patches etc), though the process is extremely similar and you may be able to figure that out from this video alone
- How to add said patches to a texture file for modders to use 

• Upvote 10
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...