Unofficial Faction Submissions

Sufi

8 minutes ago, Slou said:

Official factions shouldn't be immune to conflict though? Becoming official shouldn't be some almighty thing that lets you sit around and do nothing and just hold power, if an unofficial faction is causing you trouble you should be able to handle your ground against them ICly as official. No point in having OOC restrictions to people forming groups IMO.

What? I didn't say nothing about that, reread.

5 hours ago, Morozzini said:

Precisely this! Answers seem so vague, I honestly have a hard time understanding the message. There is nothing to be learned.

Here's a cut-out of the last answer I've been given:

"T
here is still major concerns regarding how this will actually be portrayed in-game. We are also conscious of the fact not everything needs to lead a new concept. You're looking to do some loan shark business which is great, but under the current roster as well as the way that the conceptual understanding of concepts being submitted, we do not feel like this is a group that we can give an entire faction script and privileges to achieve."

I have no clue what any of this means. Why are there major concerns? "Not everything needs to lead a new concept" what? "Under the current roster" what is wrong with the roster? What the hell is the conceptual understanding of concepts?? What's up with "not feeling" some way about this group which has a flawless admin record? All of this seems like random AI generated sentences, all other responses were vastly similar.

I don't know what any of this means and I haven't learned anything but I've been told that any new concepts made by our group of players will not be reviewed or considered in any foreseeable future. We're literally not even allowed to try and come up with something better. Banned from creating roleplay I suppose, don't even know why.

Can't shake the feeling that IFM filtering paired with their unwillingness to help aspiring factions actually results in killing roleplay rather than maintaining some sort of quality.

honestly bro if you're supposed to be the admin checking for roleplay quality and you sent me this shit filled with errors in grammar, nonsensical sentences and unquantifiable shit like "we don't feel it" I'd just laugh

"conceptual understanding of concepts being submitted" my man you're not in a courthouse LOL you don't have to use legal speak to the point where people are going to have to read your sentences five times to maybe understand them - what's wrong with just saying "We don't think you understand loan sharks well enough to roleplay as one."?

Anyways does anyone actually think this deters dmers? If dudes wanna dm they'll hop on discord, get 4 deep in the car and provoke somebody until they find an excuse to pull out guns. Hell it's way easier to DM with no faction since then you can't be easily identified as a group of people or really suffer any retaliation.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Bird Allegiance said:

image.png

pn5F4D4.png

"Last: 2 Weeks ago" Was an AFK kick.

While I'm not going to address every single point made here, I see that a lot of misinformation is being dished out. Your faction was denied on the 16th, by the 19th you were permanently banned off the server, and you still are. Obviously our research doesn't go as deep as looking at your server record and deciding solely based off of that, but spreading misinformation saying that your record was clean just isn't cool.

Anyway, we're obviously always open to changing how we handle really every facet of IFM, especially the approval process for groups/ unofficial factions, whilst reaching out to current faction leaderships and members, both official and unofficial, the stance for the approval process has been unanimously positive, the recent poll we had also show the same thing, see here:

cb63bff78547547fdcf8861ace6b181f.png

It's thus far done pretty well at curbing the amount of "DM factions" that have been popping up. But, like I said, we're always open to change the way we do things. 

Moving on, the majority of players that do not seem to approve of this process are those whose factions got denied, be it for their admin records, proclivity for breaking the rules, previous rule breaks involving RTM, Mass DM, etc, or simpler stuff like applying for 3 factions within a month. Whomever applied does not need to rely solely on the response they received for their denial, they can very much reach out to us before appealing it, we're more than open to sharing all the information with you guys.

All I'm saying, if you guys have an actual, realistic, thought out recommendation for anything IFM related, we're more than open to hearing it out, yelling out within your own discord server ecochambers that "IFM is this, IFM is biased, IFM is that" won't get us anywhere, the only thing that we need to act on it is proof, and not just gruntled ramblings without any sense or point. It's sadly simple that a lot of the claims being thrown around can be debunked with a single sentence.

Nevertheless, I hope someone brings up some good arguments within this thread besides "IFM wants to control everything" dispatching ourselves of the hive-mind, and realizing the whole point of this system is to bring some modicum of quality control.

• Upvote 6
28 minutes ago, Igloo said:

While I'm not going to address every single point made here, I see that a lot of misinformation is being dished out. Your faction was denied on the 16th, by the 19th you were permanently banned off the server, and you still are. Obviously our research doesn't go as deep as looking at your server record and deciding solely based off of that, but spreading misinformation saying that your record was clean just isn't cool.

Anyway, we're obviously always open to changing how we handle really every facet of IFM, especially the approval process for groups/ unofficial factions, whilst reaching out to current faction leaderships and members, both official and unofficial, the stance for the approval process has been unanimously positive, the recent poll we had also show the same thing, see here:

cb63bff78547547fdcf8861ace6b181f.png

It's thus far done pretty well at curbing the amount of "DM factions" that have been popping up. But, like I said, we're always open to change the way we do things. 

Moving on, the majority of players that do not seem to approve of this process are those whose factions got denied, be it for their admin records, proclivity for breaking the rules, previous rule breaks involving RTM, Mass DM, etc, or simpler stuff like applying for 3 factions within a month. Whomever applied does not need to rely solely on the response they received for their denial, they can very much reach out to us before appealing it, we're more than open to sharing all the information with you guys.

All I'm saying, if you guys have an actual, realistic, thought out recommendation for anything IFM related, we're more than open to hearing it out, yelling out within your own discord server ecochambers that "IFM is this, IFM is biased, IFM is that" won't get us anywhere, the only thing that we need to act on it is proof, and not just gruntled ramblings without any sense or point. It's sadly simple that a lot of the claims being thrown around can be debunked with a single sentence.

Nevertheless, I hope someone brings up some good arguments within this thread besides "IFM wants to control everything" dispatching ourselves of the hive-mind, and realizing the whole point of this system is to bring some modicum of quality control.

Nice, three pages of complaints later and the only answer that you came up with is "you guys are actually wrong, I hope you'll make a sensible suggestion instead of whining".

Your response in its entirety is not true, I don't know if it's actually intentional or if you're truly so blind to what's going on under your own nose.

You've asked the factions that managed to become unofficial/official if they liked the system that worked for only them and nobody else. What a shocker, this small pool of people did like the system which meant that they'd be able to keep hogging the privileges while the rest of the playerbase rolls in muck. Even then, 25% of them still see the faults of the system.

"Moving on, the majority of players that do not seem to approve of this process are those whose factions got denied, be it for their admin records, proclivity for breaking the rules, previous rule breaks involving RTM, Mass DM, etc, or simpler stuff like applying for 3 factions within a month. Whomever applied does not need to rely solely on the response they received for their denial, they can very much reach out to us before appealing it, we're more than open to sharing all the information with you guys."

This is entirely imaginary story. You aren't open to sharing all the information with us guys, you aren't open to sharing any information at all. You lock applications immediately and do not allow for any discussion, you do not answer PMs be they on forums on Discord, any of you. I can tell because my PMs are still sitting unanswered a month later. You say that it's primarily about rulebreaks when you've had all these examples given to you in previous comments throughout the topic that have nothing to do with rulebreaks or in the very least not significant ones. Then there is "simpler stuff like applying for 3 factions within a month" which is a ridiculous thing to say in its own right, is there something wrong with trying to initiate roleplay? Is there a rule that limits the amount of factions that you can submit within some time frame? No there is not, then how on Earth can you deny a concept because someone submitted several before? That doesn't affect its quality whatsoever.

And given that I presume that the "3 factions within a month" remark is in fact about me personally, I'd like to say that this too is a lot of bull since I've been left to wait for an answer to a single faction thread for 22+ days (that is a month for one faction) and well beyond week for both others. As a result I've been told that I'm now banned from trying to start any sort of faction with my friends indefinitely. In contrast, there is a "rule" which states that the applications should receive an answer within 72 hours; something that never happens. It's extremely sad how in order to contact members of the IFM I actually have to write here on this public thread in hopes that due to it being public, you'll feel obliged to answer as to not have your reputation affected.

Please stop asking us to stop complaining and to come up with solutions for the problem. No, we're the ones affected by the problem and we're the ones complaining about it. You are the cause of the problem and it is your job and consequentially duty, to come up with solutions for problems that we, the community, point out to you. Don't shift the weight of resolving the issue that you've yourselves created onto back of players who are already suffering because of it.

For a roleplaying server, you guys are investing an awful lot of effort into preventing roleplay from ever happening.
Thanks for reading, almighty roleplay gatekeepers.

Edited by Morozzini
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
18 minutes ago, Igloo said:

What does me getting banned AFTER my faction getting denied have to do with anything? I created the faction so I can have something to focus on and NOT get ajailed anymore. 

It was blanket denied because of my one ajail so I had nothing else to do on the server.

Submitting a faction means strictly roleplay. If my one ajail admin record (at the time) meant that I'd be leading a DM faction, as someone mentioned above I simply would've ignored the submission part and just went ingame with 6 people and provoked other factions.

4 minutes ago, Morozzini said:

Nice, three pages of complaints later and the only answer that you came up with is "you guys are actually wrong, I hope you'll make a sensible suggestion instead of whining".

Your response in its entirety is not true, I don't know if it's actually intentional or if you're truly so blind to what's going on under your own nose.

You've asked the factions that managed to become unofficial/official if they liked the system that worked for only them and nobody else. What a shocker, this small pool of people did like the system which meant that they'd be able to keep hogging the privileges while the rest of the playerbase rolls in muck. Even then, 25% of them still see the faults of the system.

"Moving on, the majority of players that do not seem to approve of this process are those whose factions got denied, be it for their admin records, proclivity for breaking the rules, previous rule breaks involving RTM, Mass DM, etc, or simpler stuff like applying for 3 factions within a month. Whomever applied does not need to rely solely on the response they received for their denial, they can very much reach out to us before appealing it, we're more than open to sharing all the information with you guys."

This is entirely imaginary story. You aren't open to sharing all the information with us guys, you aren't open to sharing any information at all. You lock applications immediately and do not allow for any discussion, you do not answer PMs be they on forums on Discord, any of you. I can tell because my PMs are still sitting unanswered a month later. You say that it's primarily about rulebreaks when you've had all these examples given to you in previous comments throughout the topic that have nothing to do with rulebreaks or in the very least not significant ones. Then there is "simpler stuff like applying for 3 factions within a month" which is a ridiculous thing to say in its own right, is there something wrong with trying to initiate roleplay? Is there a rule that limits the amount of factions that you can submit within some time frame? No there is not, then how on Earth can you deny a concept because someone submitted several before? That doesn't affect it's quality whatsoever.

And given that I presume that the "3 factions within a month" remark is in fact about me personally, I'd like to say that this too is a lot of bull since I've been left to wait for an answer to a single faction thread for 22+ days (that is a month for one faction) and well beyond week for both others. As a result I've been told that I'm now banned from trying to start any sort of faction with my friends indefinitely.

Please stop asking us to stop complaining and come up with solutions for the problem. No, we're the ones affected by the problem and we're the ones complaining about it. You are the cause of the problem and it is your job and consequentially duty, to come up with solutions for problems that we, the community, point out to you. Don't shift the weight of resolving the issue that you've yourselves created onto back of players who are already suffering because of it.

Sadly, none of this was aimed at you, I wasn't aware of who you were up until you quoted me, from what I'm reading in your submissions, you were denied three times for the same reasons, honey. the issues at hand and gave a reason as to why you were denied, I'm not going to share them here, but you are aware of them. 

And, no if you read my response, the poll was aimed at every single player, not just faction leaders. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this matter, if you want to reach out again and talk about it, we can.

Besides that, we've never told anyone to not complain, I said we're always open to hearing people out, quite the opposite. This'll be my last response for now, like I said, you're more than free to reach out about anything IFM related.

• Developer

I agree with what the majority of the players have said here. Unofficial factions should NOT be something you have to request. We need to foster and encourage people in group roleplay and not delimit them by a request system for unofficial status. If this continues, in my opinion, it'll hurt us.

• Upvote 4