Official Status

Nervous

While I would be ok for a removal of the official status, I believe we still need to give steps and goals to reach for all factions based on their quality and to show them we appreciate their role in the community. It's important that factions have a goal to reach for and it forces them to ensure the roleplay quality of all their members.

1 minute ago, Mecovy said:

With this removal of official, would it be a case of any prior faction loses all benefits or what? What is actually changing or is it just the name? Cause if its just removing the name, I'm all yes.

If it however removes factions support/ or script bonuses then I'm a firm nay until another solution is created.

Any GOV agency will still have its perks obviously. We realize they need proper support in order to function.

Any other faction will receive custom benefits based on the faction's progress and development without having to achieve a status which takes months to reach. 

2 minutes ago, Ethanol said:

Any GOV agency will still have its perks obviously. We realize they need proper support in order to function.

Any other faction will receive custom benefits based on the faction's progress and development without having to achieve a status which takes months to reach. 

To strengthen Ethanol's post, any faction that is not structured on keeping the basic functionalities of legal roleplay flowing - i.e, PD, FD, GOV, etc will be rewarded with things that fit their faction concept. We wouldn't give a bulk supply of weaponry for a faction to roleplay as gun suppliers if they're focused solely on being a drug trafficking organisation. 

It's aimed to tailor things towards factions that are keeping a realistic flow of roleplay and behave themselves by following the server's rules alongside providing fantastic roleplay to both their faction and the community. It is a chance for us to work closely with factions and reward them when it is appropriate as opposed to making them wait to reap the rewards months down the line after they receive an 'official status' which is a carbon copy of many other communities before us.

Remember, guys. Hindsight is a beautiful thing and I'm sure all the servers that you came from were brilliant communities, however we are GTA World. We're not the server you guys (or myself) came from, we are unique in our own entity and there's only one thing we aim to share in common with some of those communities and that's their respect and love for heavy roleplay.

24 minutes ago, Nervous said:

While I would be ok for a removal of the official status, I believe we still need to give steps and goals to reach for all factions based on their quality and to show them we appreciate their role in the community. It's important that factions have a goal to reach for and it forces them to ensure the roleplay quality of all their members.

Once they do reach that point where they will receive the official faction they will then just be able to slack off and not do anything, then post screenshots once a week probably and claim they are still active when in reality they are not doing anything.

If you ask me the official status should be removed since everyone seems to be working their ass off for it and then do nothing just to get those perks with which they will then be able to take down any other faction that is unofficial and block their way from it by simply destroying them and wiping them.
And what if we remove the official status? What of some sort of application/request where factions would ask for a certain thing and prove they are worthy of it or deserve it by the roleplay shown in their thread, their activity and quality of roleplay, I am not the best with words when it comes to stuff like this but I am pretty sure everyone gets the idea. It has always been like this, "Guys come on, admins said if we keep this up we get official." - *gets official - slacks off and benefits of the perks*

Let's be serious, look at all the other servers if it even comes to that.

There are many ways in which you could put this, think of a game. You finish the game then you can just throw that out the window and brag to your friends that you've done it. What if it's an never ending game? Then you just have to keep playing it and progressing, which is in my opinion what we need all factions to do.

And yes, I understood from previous comments that it is not just about those perks you receive, but I did mention "we need factions to actively post /quality roleplay/" and not just stop doing it after getting this so-called "official status". If this official status is so oh lord dear for you, then you should not drop out after getting it. It's as if you get the car you always wanted, then just drive it around recklessly and showing it off and flipping off others that have shit cars and destroying it to pieces by not maintaining it.

Put it this way, why label white from black and black from white when they are both of the same quality?

So Nervous, back to your point "I believe we still need to give steps and goals to reach for all factions based on their quality and to show them we appreciate their role in the community. It's important that factions have a goal to reach for and it forces them to ensure the roleplay quality of all their members."

That's what you would do if you get rid of the official status, because you do not put a stop to it by handing them the official status. And we show them that we appreciate their roleplay, by handing them those requested things they would apply for according to their roleplay wether they deserve it or not, those would be their goals, achieving the things they want through their roleplay.

Edited by AzraelTheGreat

I feel like this "Official Status" title should be replaced with something else, with the years people just learned that within time of months they will gain official status and will be exposed to many benefits, titles and guns or drugs. 

If we do remove the "Official Status" we have to be taking into consideration that we will be getting rid of the exposure and basically the spotlight that certain faction deserves, instead of making "Official Status" all about benefits of guns and scripts, we could seperate those two things from each other. 

I believe that exposure of a certain faction is probably the best thing that could happen to a faction, not only it shows that their hard work of development and precise portrayal of whatever that faction is portraying is appreciated but it also brings that faction's name and ideas to light. Ultimately "advertising" that faction, exposing it for more people to see. Obviously we all know that wave of people instantly joining a faction after it gains official status, and I believe is what makes official status so official. It means that, that very certain faction had succeeded to gain the server's attention meaning the server vouches for that one faction, encouraging more people to join it. 

What I suggest is to seperate gun or drug privileges from exposure and give that chosen faction it's spotlight and appreciation it deserves. Making that "Official Status" or whatever it can be called merely a chance for that faction to gain popularity and exposure hence attracting more people to join it. 

Which basically ends up in one and only thing. Increased activity and numbers of members. I trust that no slacking or whatever will be caused by this, just a motivational boost.

Edited by Rheotic

Just going to drop my two cents, I don't like the idea of an official status, it makes people roleplay for sure, but they do it so, as many people have stated, so they can reach Official status, we're all here to RP, not to grind jobs or in this case RP to grind for a status.

I'd instead like to see FM working more closely with factions, providing things to some which are not to others as this prevents the whole Faction growing lazy because they have reached official and have the benefits, whilst in this case one faction may have one benefit and another gets a different one.

I realise this is all very vague, but I agree with what Maca said earlier, No faction should have everything and if every faction was something new and provided something new we wouldn't see a thousand factions that on the base level are all the same. At the end of the day we're all here to RP and if a faction is bringing quality RP to the server whats wrong with a little script support to add to the immersion?

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Nervous said:

This is essentially my stance; personally, I would break the 'official status' down into a few categories (no guns for purely drug traffickers, etc) and reward factions accordingly, much like the way Pascal suggested. I have an entirely different problem with the way things have been conducted up until now, however.

Until this thread sparked the discussion between myself and others around me, I had no idea what "Official Status" was supposed to mean. I have been playing on the server for half a year - and between my time here and my inquiries with other players with longer tenures (and even multiple administrators) I could not actually discern what an 'Official Faction' was, much less find an example of one to live up to. There is nothing within the faction information section that defines it, the rewards that come from being officially recognized, the means by which a faction becomes officially recognized, et cetera. The only post that hinted at what an official faction receives is the foreword in the supplier applications.

Whatever we decide to do, the expectations and rewards should be made clear and easily accessible within the subforum designated for faction information.

Edited by Smilesville

Yes official status would certainly help. Here's why. If I had official status for the faction I run which is the Busch Business Center, I'd be able to have a faction bank where we'd be able to put the money of the company into a place were only some members of trust can reach. Also we'd be able to give paychecks to those who belong to such company. Furthermore, the cars that belong to the faction would be spawned by anyone that belongs to the faction. Other than that I don;t know what we'd get. Legal RP, or business RP is not seen alot in the server, and I'm trying to give it a boost within the commmunity, but it really is hard if there's no official status, because they don't realise how serious the faction is. Infact before I hrie anyone into the BBC, they always ask if we are official.

37 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

Yes official status would certainly help. Here's why. If I had official status for the faction I run which is the Busch Business Center, I'd be able to have a faction bank where we'd be able to put the money of the company into a place were only some members of trust can reach. Also we'd be able to give paychecks to those who belong to such company. Furthermore, the cars that belong to the faction would be spawned by anyone that belongs to the faction. Other than that I don;t know what we'd get. Legal RP, or business RP is not seen alot in the server, and I'm trying to give it a boost within the commmunity, but it really is hard if there's no official status, because they don't realise how serious the faction is. Infact before I hrie anyone into the BBC, they always ask if we are official.

Everything you said aside from paychecks does not require official status. Paychecks aren't issued through official status either, GOV agencies get budgets from GOV