AFK timer

Arnzeal

I feel the newly implemented AFK system is far too harsh. I see people, including myself on many occasions getting kicked within a matter of 5 minutes when not moving your character or mouse.

This is a serious issue when people do mining/processing minerals, or find themselves in long stationary conversations like in vehicles. For example, I attended an LSPD academy session yesterday and the majority of us got kicked several times for AFK, causing constant abruptions in our RP.

My suggestion: Increase the AFK limit to 30 minutes like the majority of other SAMP & GTA 5 servers have. Or use an improved system that can detect AFK a bit better.

I understand the current AFK system is used to minimize AFK payday’s and open up player slots, but its a tad too harsh at its current level I feel.

Edited by Arnzeal

Getting the AFK limit to 30 minutes is too much. If you want to increase it I'd set it to 10. During the academy or during mining you always can do /stats so nobody else would notice it or you can just move around so you don't get kicked. I haven't been kicked once, while I've been mining and fishing several times.

I think it definitely should be increased, 10 minutes seems reasonable to me. 

Everyone needs to go AFK from time to time and atm you'll probably have been kicked when you return. If your AFK period is longer than 10 mins you should probably quit anyway, a lot could happen.

On second thought, 15 minutes does seem like a healthy compromise.

There is also another thread about this where Nervous stated he would remove the AFK timer while mining and changing clothes. A good step in the right direction.

Edited by Arnzeal
  • Rukka locked this topic