Generic Security Badges / Patches / Uniforms

Detailed Description

I would like to request generic security badges / patches / uniforms to be added in clothing stores. It will be nice to have some generic security badges / uniforms to those private security guards not part of any security firm like G6 or Bobcat. In reality you can easily order a security badge and a name tag from an army surplus, so having such in my own opinion is good especially to those private security guards that aren't part of a particular firm

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

More freedom / realism to private securities that aren't part of a particular security firm

BA_05.jpg

218_20210617232905_1.png.9fab7b4d787f1d484c0f51c412c9e48b.png

218_20210617232949_1.png.38ec825120cf29713547a4fe5473aac9.png

298087528_FiveM_GTAProcess2021-05-1214-33-57.png.128015cf0ac185062f36663cf0cfe85e.png

1985519971_FiveM_GTAProcess2021-05-1214-32-51.png.96886bf6f15473eefad9c9cb8fdca0b3.png

• Upvote 2

People can easily abuse other things, in the clothing shop there is a security jacket and a security polo t shirt available so the same can happen with such. But what I am suggesting here will really help those private companies having their own security guards that aren't part of any firm. As a security guard you don't have the authority as cops do have so it will be stupid to have someone abusing such.

3 hours ago, Revy. said:

I like the thought process behind this suggestion, but what stops this from being abused? If badges like these are available at every clothing store, what's to stop randoms from getting these badges and posing as security guards?

All the same things that stop players from walking into a clothing store and dressing as a police officer, soldier or a man-sized monkey.

Suggestion is to add to what already does exists in stores, but is very limited. 

+1 I'd definitely like to improve my security guard appearance.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Revy. said:

I like the thought process behind this suggestion, but what stops this from being abused? If badges like these are available at every clothing store, what's to stop randoms from getting these badges and posing as security guards?

As of current, impersonating a security guard is not criminal in LS as far as I know (and in most IRL jurisdictions in the USA.) Also, a security guard has no real power to do anything. The GREATER concern you should express is: What if these badges let people pose as police officers in which case, this could be an issue, as, at a glance, these badges look like LEO badges. Either way, impersonation of a government official is an IC issue and shouldn't be something admins are preventing en masse. If anything, impersonation roleplay should be taken seriously and allowed so long as it is being done with a good motive and realistically.

Edit: On the topic of the suggestion, I am supporting this addition.

Edited by Sebz
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Sebz said:

The GREATER concern you should express is: What if these badges let people pose as police officers in which case, this could be an issue, as, at a glance, these badges look like LEO badges.

There are already items in stores with actual police badges and "POLICE" letters stamped all over them. Police jackets and hats, belt with badges and nightsticks as well as the entirety of SWAT gear, to name a few. This really shouldn't be a worry when considering this suggestion unless it's an actual problem already.

2 hours ago, Morozzini said:

There are already items in stores with actual police badges and "POLICE" letters stamped all over them. Police jackets and hats, belt with badges and nightsticks as well as the entirety of SWAT gear, to name a few. This really shouldn't be a worry when considering this suggestion unless it's an actual problem already.

There is no police badges or uniforms in stores. Only nightstick belts, you know why? for security.

55 minutes ago, FatCatTuxedo said:

There is no police badges or uniforms in stores. Only nightstick belts, you know why? for security.

police hat, police t shirt, police uniform top, police hat… 

n u know what that’s okay, it really is, you can easily impersonate a cop irl and people do it and then they get charged with a felony 

Edited by radreaper100

I appreciate all your comments here, but overall I don't think having security badges with nametags and some generic security guard / officer uniforms will cause any type of big downsides. It is something really realistic especially those private security officer / guards as mentioned above that aren't part of any security firm. Overall with every positive thing there is always a bit of negativity, but I don't think this will cause any big harm. It is something simple. Even hotel valets do have nametags or a receptionist so yeah.