Please make rules on random mask wearing.

chingona

4 hours ago, LilManiac said:

Wearing a face mask or nitrile gloves isnt uncommon. If people are wearing it inside a business you can always ask them to take it off as people normally do. People covering their faces with masks isn't something that should be regulated with an ooc rule.

This is more about the random people wearing full ski masks running around town. Just yesterday I saw a group of 10+ minor’s at the Strawberry 24/7 leaning against a wall hanging out on their “turf” in ski masks. 

The same shit keeps happening in Forum. People just walk around in ski masks. 

I looks absolutely stupid. So +1000 to this suggestion. 

I've questioned this a little bit, but I didn't bring it up to the players in question.

In the in game rules, (sorry if you guys have already brought it up, I didn't read all 7 pages) point 5, it lists:

Characters must dress appropriately for the weather, or at least roleplay the downsides of wearing inappropriate clothes. The current weather can be seen by using the /weather command.

And further down:

Examples of this rule being broken:
[...]

• wearing a balaclava while hanging out on the beach;

[...]

That's weather specific. And how I read it, not about the concealment or realism.
What my character does is to call the police and call it suspicious. Because it is!

2 minutes ago, coffeecup said:

I've questioned this a little bit, but I didn't bring it up to the players in question.

In the in game rules, (sorry if you guys have already brought it up, I didn't read all 7 pages) point 5, it lists:

And further down:

That's weather specific. And how I read it, not about the concealment or realism.
What my character does is to call the police and call it suspicious. Because it is!

Honestly I'm not sure why this rule is even a thing

Literally no one follows it. And sure it makes sense, but I don't even see it taken seriously. Either make people follow it or just get rid of it 

Edited by Orpheus49

Ski masks is literally part of fashion now, it's very common for people to wear ski masks in public especially if tapped into the rap scene. Ski masks and nitrile gloves are damn near the most common cover-up accessories used in crimes.

Why are we policing everything? Illegal roleplay is already extremely restricted with constant requests and admin permission that you have to go through, but now we can't even wear masks no more? 

Sounds like we should just ban everything that's illegal at this point and make this a legal heaven for club enjoyers and erpers alike. 

• Upvote 6
6 minutes ago, TrophyCollecter said:

lol i got lil kids in my area running around wit that shit now, it's a fashion statement i guess....

Hasn't covid been a thing for like 2 years? If you are gonna mask up. Might as well look cool doing it. I doubt it's related to doing crime with how often it's been seen irl these days

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Orpheus49 said:

Hasn't covid been a thing for like 2 years? If you are gonna mask up. Might as well look cool doing it. I doubt it's related to doing crime with how often it's been seen irl these days

7297060add561e5a82588cfdba85dfaa.png

this my daily carry for yo azz

Edited by DiorStacks
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • hipsxn locked this topic