In-Game time and weather.

Nullish

Suggestion: Change the server to reflect the IRL timezone that LA resides in. Along with it, match the weather. Alternatively, change it back and forth every 6 months.

This would allow people from an NA timezone to have the ability to roleplay during the actual day, instead of constant nightlife RP.
It just makes sense if we're playing on a server that emulates Los Santos, which is based on Los Angeles, that the time zone would line up with that.
If doing that doesn't make sense for the server, maybe consider switching it back and forth every 6 months. There is a bunch of 'daytime' RP that a lot of people miss out on. 

1 hour ago, Nullish said:

This would allow people from an NA timezone to have the ability to roleplay during the actual day,

We already get a lot of sunlight though…

Right now in GTAW. The sun comes up at around 05:00. And it gets dark starting at around 21:00. That’s 16 hours of sunlight that the server gets. In NA, 21:00 ingame time equals around 3-6pm give or take depending on NA timezones.

Basically, we already get sunlight for the majority of our day, by the time it gets dark in game, it’s already evening for us irl. I dunno why you think we need even more sunlight. It’s fine the way it is. We get plenty of sunlight. 

For reference, I live in the US on the west coast. In the US, the west coast PST timezone is 3 hours behind everyone else in the country. If I wake up at 8 am in the morning, I still get 6-7 hours of daylight on the server, which is plenty. If you’re in the east coast, you get close to 10 hours of daylight on the server. That’s just an example for how much daylight US players get. Sure, you argue that you can’t get online during daylight time due to work or whatever, but that’s not the server’s fault and shifting the server time to LA time would actually make it worse.

Edited by ScarletRose