Permanent FPS drops

Hey

I've recently come across an issue, ever since EAC came out (it didnt happen before). My game runs properly for the most part, ranging between 60 and 80 FPS. However, there are times in which the game will spike down to 5 FPS and stay locked that way. It takes about 10 minutes to go away, if it ever does. There are cases where it just stays that way until I restart my game. There's no telltale sign that it'll happen. It may happen 5 minutes into logging in, or 3 hours in. Has anyone had this happen to them too, or knows a fix for it?

Specs:

1650ti

Ryzen 5 4600H

8gb RAM

SSD - Both RageMP and GTA installed on it.

Things I've tried/noticed:

- Drivers are up to date.

- Does not happen in SP or any other games.

- Temperatures are fine, computer not overheating.

- Currently have mods installed, I've tried without mods, though, and the issue is still there (in fact, for some reason it happened even more.)

- Reinstalled GTAV, RAGEMP and re-downloaded server assets.

- Tried BadassBaboon/monster's fixes.

- Whenever this happens, GTAV won't launch again unless I wait around 10 minutes or restart my PC.

Any help is appreciated.

EAC just fucking sucks. literally hasnt stopped cheating or exploiting. It's just there to make my life more tedious.

jokes aside. just give ur PC a next rest every now and then...i have a 2070 super, i910900kf, msi z490...all types of high end shit and my pc still shivers in fear when Rage.Exe is started up.

Edited by ZaE
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Giga said:

They are probably referring to the video they posted, specifically the post below.

These are optimal settings for better FPS. My game runs from 60 to 80 normally. It just has those random episodes where it freezes completely and does not go back to normal. I've tried lowering some of the options but it still happens at random.

23 minutes ago, hipsxn said:

RageMP is rather unoptimized but it doesn't help with 8gb ram also. Your best bet is to adjust same of your game settings.

I've played on this PC for ages, it's always been 8 GB RAM and never had any issues. It just started happening post EAC. And like I said just in the post above yours, even with medium settings, it'll still happen out of nowhere.

• Nora locked this topic