Area Codes Based on Purchase Location of Cell Phone (Cosmetic)

LAGhost

Detailed Description

So this entails you having an area code in front of your number when people see your ads, or when you receive a call from someone else. If someone got their phone in the Vespucci phone store, they'd have the area code (310) or (424) in front of their number. It wouldn't be used for you to have to type /call (424) 12345678.

Additionally for aesthetic purposes if their number is longer than 5 characters, it could show (i.e. if their number was originally 4900233) (424) 490-0233 and you'd type /call 4900233 as per. So command wise, you wouldn't have changes. This is more of an addendum should the area-code script be considered, to further please the real life aesthetic and immersion.

You'd still type the number as you normally would /call.

Example:

I see ad, ad tells me they want to sell their vehicle. Their number is displayed in the /ads UI as (424) 490-0233. You click call, it's what shows up on your phone.

But if you want to manually call this number, you'd do 4900233, as you would prior to this suggestion. Business as usual.

Relevant Commands/Items

It'd come with the phone automatically, based on where you buy it. Any sort of script would be serverside, nothing changes from the player side.

How will it benefit the server?

it's just because it adds a little more immersion for visuals. Quality of life and things. Seeing someone say sms or call 2934 is a little unrealistic and feels off. It's not a huge thing to have added but it's definitely something that raises the American immersive experience in my own opinion. And as we're based out of an LA equivalent city, we'd use area codes based on the districts' real life counter parts. For Vespucci phone store, for example, you'd have (424) or (310) because Vespucci Beach is based on Venice Beach, etc.

Not sure if this was suggested, tried to look but saw nothing. Thanks!

Edited by Wynters

Our Island is 7 miles long and 3 miles wide, we'd be under ONE area code so what's the point? Who would be in charge of setting the ONE area code for our little island and what would the numbers be? 

Call Habeeb Taxi | ☎️(916)1010 
Call Habeeb Taxi | ☎️1010

Doesn't add anything imo.