A discussion on the state of meth and suppliers.

L I C E

Right now, meth and meth suppliers are absolutely busted in my opinion. Meth is a drug in high demand due to the lucrative 30HP boost from using 100% pure meth, which is sought after by illegal RPers looking to fight.

Those with the strawman IFM meth supplier positions receive up to and over 1000, 100% pure meth every month for a small fee. They don't have to do any RP whatsoever to my knowledge, and simply request it be spawned after paying a fee. The only entry requirement is passing the app process, other than that? That's it.

Methamphetamine production schemes, on the other hand, require setting up a lab (mapping), IC acquisition of sudafed and other precursor or smurf ingredients plus the production RP itself added onto an application. They start out at 20% purity no matter what the context or history of the character(s) in question are, and increase by 2% purity every 2 weeks you do it. Meaning, to get from 20% purity to 40% purity, which is roughly a 14 or so HP boost, you need to cook 10 times for 20 weeks. You also have to pay for it. You also receive very small quantities of it.

Is this not a problem that only I am seeing? I speak from the perspective of someone who has been doing a meth scheme for almost 8 weeks now. It's ridiculous to me that someone receives almost 6 times the amount I can produce with a quarter of the effort, and at 100% purity.

Would it not be a better solution to make suppliers provide 50-70% purity meth, but give schemes a higher purity ceiling at the very least? Because right now, I feel like dropping the scheme and not bothering. The effort required for any actual reward is abysmal. Thoughts?

"

Methamphetamine Schemes

This scheme is for players to start up a methamphetamine production line and allows a request to be made every 14 days. Schemes typically start around 100 methamphetamine at low purities, this will build over time. The maximum purity of methamphetamine schemes is currently 75%."

quoted from here.

• Upvote 20
  • Applaud 1

I've been on the LEO side of narcotics for a long time and I definitely take an interest in such RP. While I understand IFM might do this to keep the standards as high as possible, I believe the rewards for those who consistently commit to it and maintain the lab despite all the struggles should be a lot more. The scheme does seem pretty realistic, but also kinda unfair and discouraging, compared to the typical suppliers.

Though, they might argue that it's specifically designed to be like this, and only for RP purposes, rather than really supplying.

support. i feel like it should be flipped around. having a lab which adds risk should yield more for less. suppliers should have to pay HUGE amounts to get small amounts of meth, where selling it at usual market price would barely yield a profit. it creates a REASON to make a lab rather than just peddling from an invisible supplier

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, joshua said:

support. i feel like it should be flipped around. having a lab which adds risk should yield more for less. suppliers should have to pay HUGE amounts to get small amounts of meth, where selling it at usual market price would barely yield a profit. it creates a REASON to make a lab rather than just peddling from an invisible supplier

the risk of just having a lab alone is crazy honestly. factor in having to IC rob pharmacies or plan heists to get sudafed, find someone capable of cooking plus do the rp without getting seen or reported to the cops just to get 100 20% purity meth at the end of it LOL. you'd be malding.

This doesn't make any sense but I'm not surprised at all with the way how suppliers are handled in general. No wonder we have 200+ HP warriors running around everywhere. People getting this much pure product fucked up the whole drug market. Should definitely be changed.

1 hour ago, L I C E said:

the risk of just having a lab alone is crazy honestly. factor in having to IC rob pharmacies or plan heists to get sudafed, find someone capable of cooking plus do the rp without getting seen or reported to the cops just to get 100 20% purity meth at the end of it LOL. you'd be malding.

yes, exactly - which is why labs should be yielding way more than people getting spawned supplier meth. you should be rewarded for taking risk. item-spawn suppliers should honestly not make much, if any, profit.

21 minutes ago, joshua said:

yes, exactly - which is why labs should be yielding way more than people getting spawned supplier meth. you should be rewarded for taking risk. item-spawn suppliers should honestly not make much, if any, profit.

there is 0 risk doing these schemes

• Upvote 1