No more PK wars - Wars should be serious/last resort

KFN

The argument that CK wars generate more RP is kinda... baseless. On both servers, all that happens in CK wars is everyone camps in an interior and has a buddy on an alt drive around and let people know on discord where they are, then they stack up and go. All CK wars generate is interior RP. It's unfortunate but no one wants to lose their character no matter what side of RP you're on. illegal characters can go through months if not years of development to get to their IC reputation/standard, whether or not nepotism was involved. If this happens, people will just refuse to create conflict because whether or not, it'd spice up their RP as they could risk losing their hard work over what? who can spend more time dming eachother in the test server. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but with current player mentality it is awful.

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

if this were simply unqualified unmarked groups of rando's doing random death-matching, I could report it, save everyone some time. However, its not.

First off, the shooting in the clip you shared is fucking outrageous, how in God's green earth was that allowed LMFAO.

Anyway, I highly doubt Honey was speaking about things outside of gang roleplay in that comment, we all know Vagos and various other groups have had INSANE shootings in the middle of public.

I think what she meant by that part of the comment was more dedicated to the people that aim at gang roleplay as the cause of every problem, and the fact most of the player base sees a African American name on a character shooting and assumes black/gang roleplay. I believe this is what she meant due to the fact she literally said ""gang roleplayers" umbrella."

I also would love to get into the street gang scene. But it is so plaqued by mass scale violence, that everytime I've gone into the scene, I've literally been shot at more than I've ever typed.

Wrong. The street gang scene is not plagued, illegal roleplay is plagued but people overlook the mob, biker, etc factions that do just the same amount of crazy and outlandish shit (UNTIL RECENTLY) and label it as the easy target, the street gang scene. Bikers do not count as a street gang in my eyes they are right under organized crime and inbetween legal and illegal. Their passive roleplay is great. But their wars? Not so much.

Why run a block party if you know for a fact someones gonna take a glock and go on a shooting spree because he found an op from another faction that his gang is in a "PK" war with.

I have had over eleven block parties with faction in Chamberlain and only two were shot-up, and I know biker factions have had block parties with success at their auto shop for sure. This is an exaggeration. Most of the shootings that happen are people stalking others are their business, waiting for people to leave, or just driving around looking for their cars. Most likely how that first clip you shared went down LMFAO. They were prol stalking the dogshit outta each other til one person was like "lets shoot them!"

Shit there's no reason for fist-fights or drivebys, just arm your child soldiers, storm their block, and wipe out six of your enemy factions members for the night to the point they all just log out because why fucking bother?

Once more, this "child soliders" shit. There are rarely any minors outside of Davis, K-Town and Vespucci. I digress, most gang members are minors, you will encounter minors in gang neighborhoods. However, block storming doesn't happen as often and a lot of conflict I've seen has been pretty good, with a few exceptions, at least i havent seen it too much, but i cant be everywhere.

If you wanna be technical, the organized crime and biker scene is in a way worse state then the gang roleplay scene, the gang roleplay scene is driving and has constantly been trying to change and only needs support from IFM (which is being given) and yet another chance, as well as stricter punishments for the few bad apples inside. The video you listed is a organized crime / biker faction I believe, not a "street gang".

Long story short, I agree these MASSIVE SHOOTINGS need to stop. But forcing CKs in every war isn't the way to go, we can find a better outcome. it isn't the "street gang scene" lol.

The mentality entirely with shooting and shootings on this server needs a change, on legal and illegal side. Legals are no better then illegals.  One day hopefully we can all sit back like adults and look at the state of things and merge together to get rid of the bad apples plaguing each scene and have a healthy relationship between each other, but I highly doubt this will ever happen.

Edit: A little off topic: Before anybody says "legals are no where near the level of toxic gang roleplayers / illegal roleplayers are"! Let me show you this.

This person literally went /b because they got bugged out in Airsoft and started blaming everything on illegal roleplay. Literally saying "you illegals fucking suck" or something. The same bad apples that plague illegal roleplay plague legal roleplay, and that's why most folks gain this image of illegals and legals, and these pre-fab stereotypes. We are all at fault here and until we admit there are bad apples in both parts of the community and work together to form CHANGE, nothing will come of the once a week discussions.

Legals have to deal with illegals blaming y'all for how scripts work, blaming you for them doing a wrong turn on a traffic stop, reporting, camping turfs, all the shit I've been blamed for by people that know me OOCly while on my SD character, people hating their entire LEO factions over one instance, getting shot over silly shit, etc.

Illegals have to deal with legals reporting them over every single thing, camping their turfs, calling them "average davis roleplayers" over the smallest things, being called out on threads every day, being held back with script limitations, having to write applications and essays just to roleplay something like fraud, etc.

Both LEGAL AND ILLEGAL are at fault for the way things are, but the legal community needs to properly target the correct groups and get them taken down. I bring this up because I think this entire CK war argument could get handled better if more people reported the shitty shoot outs like that, and STRICTER PUNISHMENETS were given by admins, not 60 minute jails...how about WEEK LONG BANS to start.

We as a community can fix this. We just have to see eye-to-eye, put your past experiences aside and help us get rid of the players plaguing each of our communities. At the end of the day we are all in the GTA:W Community.

Spoiler

(( (180) Ashley Wright: no wonder why the illegals are frowned upon ))

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ZaE said:

We as a community can fix this. We just have to see eye-to-eye, put your past experiences aside and help us get rid of the players plaguing each of our communities. At the end of the day we are all in the GTA:W Community.

Wow this brings a tear to my eye ;') but seriously you are absolutely right this isn't meant to be an issue of legal rpers/illegal rpers it should be an issue between - nice players (me) and mean players (everyone else) or good/bad rp. One way that may stop the more pointless PK related stuff would most 100% definitely be stricter punishments.

• Upvote 1

I'll close this. From an administrative point of view, I love PK wars compared to CK wars even if from a roleplayer point of view, theorically speaking I should love CK wars more.

Every single CK wars since the server opening have been drama fest where I had to step in and spend lot of time helping IFM in, every single of them. People cannot take a loss, and it's always a massive drama on every side, with things going as far as IRL threats, lot of bans, tons of members leaving the server. It brings hate between players whereas we should all "play" and spend good time together.

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 2