Defined Poor Escalation as a proper rule/violent character potrayal

7 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That's where the path forks actually. Because what I roleplay and do on the server, is not development. I roleplay daily life of a person. For me char development is what happens when I am creating one.

Let's say, your character got mugged at some place. Realistically, some people IRL would avoid those places after that, at least for some time. I call that one of my char's "developments". Or when a character killed someone. It should be a big deal for most people if not everyone. That's also development. Or something simpler like when someone rejected your character and they got sad. Also development. What I see in this server, 90% of the time, is that everything is never a big deal (or don't care at all) and just see them as "something that happened". Saw some shooting? "Whatever they'll respawn". Got mugged? "I hate illegal RPer". Driving 120mph? "It's just a game". It's all just OOC comment and get reflected on their characters.

But at the end of the day, they are right. It's just a game.

Anyway, if nothing is happening with your character then, I guess there's no development at all with them lol so I partially agree with your opinion. But I still stand on my previous point, which is "abusing backstory" when the characters only reflect them at their own benefit (P2W).

Sorry I'm going way off topic lol.

2 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

Let's say, your character got mugged at some place. Realistically, some people IRL would avoid those places after that, at least for some time. I call that one of my char's "developments". Or when a character killed someone. It should be a big deal for most people if not everyone. That's also development. Or something simpler like when someone rejected your character and they got sad. Also development. What I see in this server, 90% of the time, is that everything is never a big deal (or don't care at all) and just see them as "something that happened". Saw some shooting? "Whatever they'll respawn". Got mugged? "I hate illegal RPer". Driving 120mph? "It's just a game". It's all just OOC comment and get reflected on their characters.

But at the end of the day, they are right. It's just a game.

Anyway, if nothing is happening with your character then, I guess there's no development at all with them lol so I partially agree with your opinion. But I still stand on my previous point, which is "abusing backstory" when the characters only reflect them at their own benefit (P2W).

Sorry I'm going way off topic lol.

No no, not entirely off topic. It actually falls in line what this suggestion is about. You see, compared to actual life in Los Angeles. My characters saw that many escalations and muggings and dead bodies, that I cannot call it development anymore. My characcter's house was broken into 3 times over a weekend. It became daily part of life, so I am indifferent, my characters are indifferent. Natural response of someone living in a war-torn town. Or someone adapted to post-apocalyptic settings, Why? Well no one sane would continue living in such city.

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Why? Well no one sane would continue living in such city.

Exactly. Whenever I create a new char, I always struggle to justify them moving to LS or staying in LS. But if they don't then I can't play in this server lmao.

I get what you mean. I do have different opinions because what I'm experiencing is slightly different than yours. But I totally understand what you or your character feels :D.

3 hours ago, varthshenon said:

Exactly. Whenever I create a new char, I always struggle to justify them moving to LS or staying in LS. But if they don't then I can't play in this server lmao.

I get what you mean. I do have different opinions because what I'm experiencing is slightly different than yours. But I totally understand what you or your character feels :D.

I usually just say that it's the place to go to if you want to retire early. Four thousand dollars an hour? ...suddenly makes it a little easier to tolerate living in a city more dangerous than the top five most dangerous countries combined.