Move Eyelashes Under Glasses Instead of Decals

Denise

Detailed Description

Move eyelashes to the glasses category instead of having them in the decals category in the clothing menu.

Relevant Commands/Items

Eyelashes (decal ID 256/257).

How will it benefit the server?

It will let us ladies (or non-ladies too, go off James Charles) use eyelashes with other decals instead of having to choose between eyelashes or a purse/other items. Plus I think it makes more sense.

Edited by Denise
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Israel said:

They don't have to be classified as clothing items, it's possible to move it from the clothing UI to the makeup UI.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting but that's not how it works. The lashes have a model - they're clothing items. Makeup are just textures. They can't become "makeup" because they're additions to the body, not just some textures. The reason they're under decals to begin with is that's just how it works. What you're suggesting maybe is that they stick 2 clothing items under the makeup menu? Which IDK, seems like a lot of hassle for no real gain and it'd STILL mean they'd need to remain under decals as of current or under glasses. Just slot them under glasses or let us have access to badges n shit.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Israel said:

I am well aware that it is a model. The fingernails found in /fingernails are also models and have their own menu. Honestly both eyelashes (fake ones), and fingernails should be added to /makeup as they're both found in the makeup isles of stores IRL. 

1 hour ago, tired! said:

Would also help since most of the new bottoms are in decals too. 

These two basically.

We have eyelashes now, but almost no one uses them, since a lot of new added clothes are added under the same catagory as the eyelashes itself.

A command like /fingernails or helmet is needed.

There are also other items such as jewelry under decals, which face the same issue.

Perhaps even another command for those are also needed.

Edited by Robby
2 hours ago, Israel said:

I am well aware that it is a model. The fingernails found in /fingernails are also models and have their own menu. Honestly both eyelashes (fake ones), and fingernails should be added to /makeup as they're both found in the makeup isles of stores IRL. 

Fingernails uses hand_u files, at least when I added them to the server, I don't know if they moved them to another category, but they're 3d model and got their own category, the only way to combine eyelashes with other categories is moving them to task_u (armors) and a new command like /fingernails.

Decl (Decals) is being used for pants, because lowr_r tends to compress the textures a lot and looks horrible.

Accs (undershirt) is being used for skirts and shirts.

Jbib (shirts) is almost in the limit and adding more mods there is not something I would recommend.

Hand (Emblem on GTAW) is being used for PD/SD/FD badges, civs can't use them, I added some mods there for civs (Devs are working on it.)

berd (masks) is being used for masks and beards.

Uppr (torsos) aren't being used.

teef (accessory I think) is being used for chokers, earrings, etc.

• Upvote 1