Catagorization of new clothes.

Sterren

Detailed Description

Yesterday I logged onto the test server to try out the newly introduced clothes that are coming in one of the future patches of GTA:W, and was stunned at the amount of new additions that will be coming towards the server, great job modding team!

Though I can't help it, and been wondering why majority of bottom clothing is located inside of the decals selection? Or why the eyelashes are also located inside of the decals.

I believe some pants and skirts in there will be fine inside of the pants selection, and the eyelashes would be better if they were located in the hats selection as majority of the females can't use hats as most hair options don't work with them.

How will it benefit the server?
It increases customization for characters, and allows people to use more items together, right now on the test server if you wanted to have a outfit using the eyelashes you are limited to most of the old pants & skirts due to majority of the new introduced stuff falling under decals, moving some of those items into other catagories just expands options for people.

• Upvote 1

Hey, about the pants I decided to place them as Decals because if I put them as Pants (lowr files) the texture is compressed too much and loses quality, too much quality (You can see it with the current pack that GTAW uses), I had the idea of placing it as armor (Task files) but only legal factions can use it so I had to scrap that idea.

Skirts can't go to Pants because those skirts have no legs and you must select the pants ID15 to use them.

Eyelashes were already there when I started adding the pants I think, so I didn't even know that.

Edit2: I've been adding purses, piercing, nails and etc to Accessories so the pants and skirts can be combined with them.

Edited by Jennie
31 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Hey, about the pants I decided to place them as Decals because if I put them as Pants (lowr files) the texture is compressed too much and loses quality, too much quality (You can see it with the current pack that GTAW uses), I had the idea of placing it as armor (Task files) but only legal factions can use it so I had to scrap that idea.

Skirts can't go to Pants because those skirts have no legs and you must select the pants ID15 to use them.

Eyelashes were already there when I started adding the pants I think, so I didn't even know that.

Edit2: I've been adding purses, piercing, nails and etc to Accessories so the pants and skirts can be combined with them.

Oh that's unfortunate about the pants, never knew GTA compresses them.

Would be awesome to see the eyelashes moved from decals to hats or accessories, hats would probably work out better, and it'll allow players to use the accessory slot for something else.

thx for the fast reply 😁

Edited by Sterren
  • Upvote 1
On 3/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, Jennie said:

Hey, it would be truly useful if the eyelashes could be placed under hats. Like @Sterren said, there is literally 1 or 2 hairstyles which even can use a hat.

Most people would like to use eyelashes with the different pants under decals, and it would be great if we can have both.

Can YOU make this happen @Jennie? 🙂

1 hour ago, Robby said:

Hey, it would be truly useful if the eyelashes could be placed under hats. Like @Sterren said, there is literally 1 or 2 hairstyles which even can use a hat.

Most people would like to use eyelashes with the different pants under decals, and it would be great if we can have both.

Can YOU make this happen @Jennie? 🙂

I think it's too late, Oggy was already compiling them, depends on him right now to be honest.

1 hour ago, Jennie said:

I think it's too late, Oggy was already compiling them, depends on him right now to be honest.

Would it be possible if you can get into contact with him? After all, you appear to be part of the team compiling all of it. 🙂

Well fingers crossed and hope it's been moved to hats. 🤞

It'll probably be up for testing first on the test server for feedback, so maybe this suggestion will still influence some of the clothing items catagory placements. 

Edited by Sterren
2 hours ago, Thurston Howl said:

Can you have multiple items in a slot?

for example, 2 decals on a slot?

That would be nothing short of amazing, really. The best solution would be for people to be able to cumulate accessories and decals, like we can with tattoos and hair textures ^^