Allow modded convertible cars to take the top off without a mechanic

BunnaMan

Detailed Description

Alright so, basically, as you've read the title, I'm sure every other owner of a convertible car with the option to take the top off, has to literally go to the mechanic shop to take the top off their car which doesn't even make sense for most of the potential cars. Take the Sentinel SG3 Cabrio or Kawaii for example. Why would I need to hit the mechanic shop and spend a couple thousand to take the roof off when realistically, all I need to do is to press a button (typing a command in to take it off). Sure it won't have that cool animation but at least I'd still manage to get my car topless without having to wait in line in a mechanic shop to take a car's roof off. Whoever is responsible for the mechanic script can also just limit the convertible cars' roof options to just the hard/soft top instead of having the top removal feature.

Relevant Commands/Items

For the command suggestion, I could either say /convertible on/off /cabrio on/off or /cartop on/off (or via the toggle method)

How will it benefit the server?

Saves players the money and the mechanics the head scratch on how to actually take the top conversion IC when the car is already factory-built like how it should function.

Edited by BunnaMan
Topic title
  • BunnaMan changed the title to Allow modded convertible cars to take the top off without a mechanic

This would be a huge plus. It makes little sense why you have to pretty much make a permanent choice between having a top or not having it whatsoever. I'd like to see this!

edit - after a second thought, though, I believe extras are not (always) synced? I've seen people drive vehicles after (de)selecting and extra while it still showed for others. Both convertibles and other cars. Also spamming /vrestream will change your car's appearance/extras, proving it's probably not synced - otherwise they'd stay the same? So if that's the case, this is probably a great but useless suggestion, until that's fixed, and I'm pretty sure that's something the guy(s) at Rage have to work on, it's not serversided.

Edited by Mahitto
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we should just have permanent access to extras, to be honest. No more requiring a garage for them. Let's be honest, extras don't change much. They take stock spoilers off of some cars, they change some cars' accessories, they add interior shit, they remove convertible roofs. I think it'd fix some of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...