The hightest number ever recorded

3 minutes ago, -Andreas said:

Indeed it was, and we did actually get above 350+ in the period right after switching to the RageMP platform. So invite your friends and we'll be back at those numbers in no time (-;

Haha believe it or not I'm actually working on that as we speak.

37 minutes ago, Libra said:

Do we just not have a lot of community members or popularity and player base as a server or is it because of player slots and client?

The player capacity of the server is not the issue sadly, I guess the active player base changes with time (as you can see in the posts above).

1 hour ago, Libra said:

Do we just not have a lot of community members or popularity and player base as a server or is it because of player slots and client?

The answer is very simple. 

The staff team was very light on enforcing quality during early 2018. As a result, anyone and everyone managed to join the server and then eventually we hit an extremely peak due to that (among other factors).

Another reason was switching to Rage. Our last platform had insanely low performance rates and was notorious for crashing 24/7. 

So basically speaking, we let everyone in and then we switched to a better platform which made us peak as a result of both hype and an overly relaxed attitude. 

However, Rage naturally had it's own issues so some people (including once I used to RP with) decided they don't want to come to the server before 0.4 

On top of that the hype caused by us moving to RageMP died. The platform is nice but it has it's own issues and honestly, gaining over 100 players during peak time  in a week or two was obviously not going to last. People got excited, started playing and then eventually decided to focus on school, other games,etc... which is why we reverted to our old peak. 

The staff team also removed a good chunk of problematic players from the server which included both rule breakers and people with low RP quality who weren't willing to take constructive criticism. We decided that the server was not for them. The server became a medium RP hub for a lot of people and that was never our intention. Other players felt the server was too strict for them and left as well which in my opinion is good. This is a text based RP server with high standards. it does not serve people who are looking for lower standards and lower realism boundaries which is absolutely fine because there are servers out there which do provide that. 

You can easily compare what happened to joining a TDM server and then acting surprised when the owner kicks you out for shooting your own teammates. Yes, you joined a DM server but it had its own set of rules and boundaries which you had to follow which is why the solution would be switching to a different type DM server instead. 

To sum it up, the peak was a combination of temporary factors as well as permanent ones. We have a good amount of players IG and on top of that, we're getting more and more people to join every weekend. While some people might say that reaching the highest peak as fast as possible is the right answer, we firmly believe that reaching the same peak at a slower rate while maintaining quality is a much better solution.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ethanol said:

The answer is very simple. 

The staff team was very light on enforcing quality during early 2018. As a result, anyone and everyone managed to join the server and then eventually we hit an extremely peak due to that (among other factors).

Another reason was switching to Rage. Our last platform had insanely low performance rates and was notorious for crashing 24/7. 

So basically speaking, we let everyone in and then we switched to a better platform which made us peak as a result of both hype and an overly relaxed attitude. 

However, Rage naturally had it's own issues so some people (including once I used to RP with) decided they don't want to come to the server before 0.4 

On top of that the hype caused by us moving to RageMP died. The platform is nice but it has it's own issues and honestly, gaining over 100 players during peak time  in a week or two was obviously not going to last. People got excited, started playing and then eventually decided to focus on school, other games,etc... which is why we reverted to our old peak. 

The staff team also removed a good chunk of problematic players from the server which included both rule breakers and people with low RP quality who weren't willing to take constructive criticism. We decided that the server was not for them. The server became a medium RP hub for a lot of people and that was never our intention. Other players felt the server was too strict for them and left as well which in my opinion is good. This is a text based RP server with high standards. it does not serve people who are looking for lower standards and lower realism boundaries which is absolutely fine because there are servers out there which do provide that. 

You can easily compare what happened to joining a TDM server and then acting surprised when the owner kicks you out for shooting your own teammates. Yes, you joined a DM server but it had its own set of rules and boundaries which you had to follow which is why the solution would be switching to a different type DM server instead. 

To sum it up, the peak was a combination of temporary factors as well as permanent ones. We have a good amount of players IG and on top of that, we're getting more and more people to join every weekend. While some people might say that reaching the highest peak as fast as possible is the right answer, we firmly believe that reaching the same peak at a slower rate while maintaining quality is a much better solution.

Thank you for that constructed response. I'm applying right now to join the server, really hope this turns out well in the future. I'm sure it will, everything just takes time. Soon we'll have 1000 people in at once haha!

• Upvote 2
  • Perky locked this topic