Reduce /me proximity, add /mes(hout)

No need for a format.

I'm sick of people spamming /me's from 10 metres away from me. People don't even have the courtesy to use /mel, but even then the proximity for that is way too low.

/me proximity needs to be reduced. /mes should be added for the obnoxious people. Also /mel in car should be the same as /mel as a pedestrian. Add /mec for a car /me. Yes? I posted something similar before, don't know what happened to it.

Thing is, depending on the action you're performing. If you're shaking/waving your arms, it can be perfectly visible from a very far distance where /me don't actually reach. Others are more lowkey and less visible/noticeable from the distance. I don't support reducing /me range, but I do support creating a "shouting me".

BTW, has anyone noticed that the speaking range is so long in interiors? Being sat close to the Vanilla's dancing poles I can perfectly read what the bartender behind the bar is saying.

I'm actually wondering, is there any difference between /me and /melow ? I tried using those in the VU near the stage, but "/Melow" didn't give any indication that it was low, and people tending the bar could still see the /melows, as if I used /me Oo 

Edited by Topinambour

Why'd anyone do that? It is fine as it is. You're the first ones to have a problem with the most basic command on the server and in my opinion - this is just a bad suggestion. You've got /me, /melow, /ame - now you want a /me with huge range, a specific /me for inside cars only even tho people from outside can still see your actions inside the car. It's not needed.

2 hours ago, Adero said:

Why'd anyone do that? It is fine as it is. You're the first ones to have a problem with the most basic command on the server and in my opinion - this is just a bad suggestion. You've got /me, /melow, /ame - now you want a /me with huge range, a specific /me for inside cars only even tho people from outside can still see your actions inside the car. It's not needed.

Actually yeah.. it’s just annoying and not needed at all.

Shouldn't need to add a command to police players who aren't RPing realistically or are breaking server rules through PG and MG.  Even if you see it in your chatbox, you have to take into account the circumstances.  If there are two people in a car using /low and /melow, unless someone has the ears of Tick™ they shouldn't be able to hear it.  Seeing it, again, depends on circumstance.

You don't need to take it in consideration, but when there's 10 or so players in an interior all doing /me it's kinda hard to follow a conversation, and you don't really have much choice to where to go in order to get away from the /me flurry at times. Since int RP is in vogue rn as it seems I would actually like this to go through.